Sometimes I have to laugh and realize it's my fault for expecting more

Started by KeepingMyBlue, July 06, 2021, 11:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepingMyBlue

I'm trying to take time off for a funeral. "But I already requested those days off."  :doh: There will be a third person there, so it's not even an issue. She's not the supervisor, so it wouldn't be HER issue if it was an issue. And the sympathy here just had me in tears  ::) I asked the third employee if she'd be there, and told her she'd be alone those days. She thanked me for telling her and had condolences. Then I put my request in to our supervisor, and get the same runaround.

I should have just called in on that day. This is a fine reward for trying to be responsible.

Why do we keep hoping for humanity from these people?

Blue

bloomie

KeepingMyBlue - I'm a bit late responding here, but it is frustrating when we act with honesty and in good character and it becomes a runaround.

I hope you were able to go to the funeral and things have settled down work wise. I am sorry for your loss!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

KeepingMyBlue

Thank you, Bloomie. I went anyway, and the days were approved. By another manager. The day after it was all over.  I didn't even turn on my work phone until all the family was on their way home. I sent them a copy of the program before anyone even asked. 

I know people lie about these things, but I get really superstitious that it invites disaster to do that.

bloomie

Quote from: KeepingMyBlue on July 21, 2021, 06:51:58 AM
Thank you, Bloomie. I went anyway, and the days were approved. By another manager. The day after it was all over.  I didn't even turn on my work phone until all the family was on their way home. I sent them a copy of the program before anyone even asked. 

I know people lie about these things, but I get really superstitious that it invites disaster to do that.

Well done! I would not have even though to take a pic of the program, so smart to do that.

Agreed. Lying about something like this... a hard no go for me, too.

I hope going brought comfort and am thankful the time was finally approved!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.