It’s been a wild ride

Started by wildoats, July 07, 2021, 09:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildoats

"Out of the FOG"is such an apt description as it describes what I'm experiencing so perfectly.

I've grew up in a home with a mother who I am now discovering has a PD. I have a vocabulary to put to her bizarre behaviors. The more I read, the more I discover I'm not alone in this.

My family suffered some significant financial difficulties which lead to a difficult decision to move in with my mother where we live for 9 years. We just moved back out and I've been no contact with her for  two months.

It's been a wild ride but I hope to piece this thing together.

Andeza

Welcome! Ouch, after being stuck with her for that long, I wouldn't be surprised if you've got some pretty intense trauma to work through. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time. We're here to help! Check out the toolbox if you haven't, and we'll probably see you in the pd parents forum when/if you're wanting to talk it over. :bighug:
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.