So rare I have to share

Started by KeepingMyBlue, July 07, 2021, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepingMyBlue

A healthy office.
One toxic person.
I'm training to replace her. She's making my life hell now, while she can, but there's a light at the end of this tunnel. She will be moved to another city.
While she was on vacation, I had people begging me to stay, telling me in Office Politics Speak that they know, I'm not crazy, I am getting the worst of it, and it won't be like this much longer. They just don't want to be sued.

It's a world of difference from the last office. The higher up supervisor just smiled and said, "What's wrong with that?" (Which is when I called a lawyer and started job hunting.)

If everything happens as promised, I plan to hold onto this job as long as possible, and they will get my very best to keep it healthy.

I thought they were trying to fire me. Turns out they are giving her a last chance. If she's too dumb to see it, she won't listen to me tell her.

Blue

Latchkey

Congratulations on the new job and the potential for replacing this toxic person!

This seems like a situation where things are a bit unclear, at least from reading your post, as to what is happening. I hope that this all goes off as planned. Will this person still be employed and in a similar position in a different office, or is she moving up in management? I guess my concern is that this person may still continue to be in your work orbit even though not in your office.

What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

KeepingMyBlue

She is being moved laterally, and to a new location with the same company. We will still see each other, but not daily.

Bonus: this move gets me physically away from another toxic person. She's still technically my supervisor, but it HR is aware of some issues there too, and told me to BCC him on any sensitive emails.