Emotional Abuse and Separation/Divorce

Started by SonofThunder, July 09, 2021, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonofThunder

Tragedy or Hope,

Thank you for continuing to share your journey, your mind and your heart.  Thank you for your Biblical contemplations, takeaways and mindful suggestions, as you continue to walk your difficult path.  Its a joy to be here with you as a comrade on Out of the FOG.  Wow..hard to believe it is coming up on a year next month since your husband passed. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Mary

T/H wrote, "I tried to enjoy every moment that was mine, but in the back of my mind the craziness of life at home was always like me having to wear a dark invisible cloak. No one wants to hear the daily crazies we live/ lived."

I so identify with this. It is just so shocking for people to hear about our lives. They don't know how to respond or quite what to believe. Pity, anger, comfort??? I recently decided to open up to my church family about a lot more of the abuse I have been facing. They immediately stepped up their game to help me. But it has changed things between me and them. It's awkward. I guess necessarily so.

It's hard to believe it's been a year since your husband died T/H.

Hugs,
Mary

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)