Question - How to "state" no more contact w/client

Started by D., July 15, 2021, 12:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.

Thankfully I was just given the option to re-direct all communications and contact of an uPD client to the corporate office.  I am going to take the option.  Basically this client has been escalating in his criticisms/complaints/lies/etc.  My boss knows  it's the client w/the problem and suggested we remove me as the "middle" person.  The client will need to contact corporate which probably means a lot of voice mails and letters for corporate.  I am expecting him to contact my office soon w/a "letter" and just deciding how to word the new normal.  Any suggestions, ideas, validation, etc. appreciated. 

moglow

"In order to better serve our customer needs, XYZ Corporation has recently made some organizational changes. By copy of this letter, I'm asking Mr. John Doe or someone within his office to contact you as soon as practical regarding the difficulties stated in your letter of July 10, 2021 [copy attached]. Any future questions or concerns should be addressed with Mr. Doe's office at [address/phone number].

Thank you for contacting XYZ Corp, and we look forward to providing your ABC needs in future!

Nacho punching bag,
D."

You've taken yourself out of the loop, remained consistent and professional, and hopefully made your point. If he contacts you in future, politely relay phone calls or letters to the appropriate person and keep on forwarding them. OR perhaps ask that whoever will be managing this customer contact him with their instructions regarding future contact.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

D.

You guys are awesome!  Thanks.  Something along those lines is perfect.  Haha, Love the Nacho punching bag :)