Been on here before

Started by Gettintired76, July 18, 2021, 07:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

I've been on here before but it's been a long time

Gettintired76

Ok let me reintroduced my self I guess, it's been awhile since I posted, but I'm with the same woman I was with then nothing has really changed, I still deal wit extreme anger ( screaming, cussing me, name calling, etc. However it has escalated to her throwing things, breaking my things, threatening bodily and death if I continue to (piss her off). What's sad I our children are older now and she actively gets them involved in it, allows even gets them to call me names, hit me, cuss me, and defy me, and I am always the bad guy, it's always my fault. If I wasn't so lazy ( I work 40+ hours a week and it's me who cleans the house and cooks), if I wasn't so stupid, didn't scream at her ( I don't until I've had enough), etc.  she wouldn't get so (pissed). She's broken several windows and mirrors and phones. The one thing I hate the most is she calls her mom (NPD?) for back up who will cuss me has cussed my family and threatened death to both. *sighs there is so much more but right now I don't have time to get into it.

Starboard Song

Welcome back.

I regret to read such an unfortunate update. Having children involved makes it so much worse, in my mind: they are supposed to be learning healthy patterns right now. I'm glad you've come here to learn more and read more and maybe share more.

Head back to the Toolbox soon. Those sections -- What To Do and What Not To Do -- are such a concise compendium of all the books in the world on this topic. There is a lot to use there.

Be good. Be strong.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Gettintired76

Ty Starboard it is hard and I'm really worried about the effect this has own my children, I can already see the damage it has done to my oldest and it really bothers me I just don't know what to do, I have no way to get anywhere without her (suspended license long story), no money I can readily call my own(I made $347 on my paycheck, she took $300 as soon as it was cashed. I feel trapped and don't know what to do.