New here, introuducing myself

Started by Yankeegirl, July 20, 2021, 12:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankeegirl

Hello,

New here. I am here for support to stay away from a NC. He started as a boyfriend back in 2018. We broke  up after about 4 months, because I was getting sick of the lies, him flaking on me all the time, treating me poorly, etc. So we stopped talking for 2 months and I should have ran-but I didn't. So we remained friends, and I went through being discarded for two summers (he gives me full attention in the mid fall when it starts to cool down) so here I am, trying to rid myself of the abuse once and for all.

TimetoHeal

Hi, Yankeegirl,

Welcome!  I just joined myself.  I just ended it with a guy I dated for 3 months who had all the flashing red flags of narcissism.  I was starting to see cracks in his mask as well as catch him in several lies.  I knew the handwriting was on the wall (this is hardly my first rodeo with a narcissist, as you can read in my intro post).  It's still hard though.  He wants to still "be friends" and I'm finding it hard to say no because we have known each other since high school and have many mutual friends.  Trying to stay NC though, because I know it never gets better, only worse with these people.  Stay strong!  Maybe we can help each other out.   :)