Do posts show up in Google searches?

Started by confuseddaughter, July 16, 2021, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

confuseddaughter

I know it's very unlikely that any of my family would join this forum. However, do our posts ever show up in Google searches?

Starboard Song

Yes they do.

I just searched for a sentence I had typed last week, preceded by "outofthefog" and it came right up. The site is certainly searchable, at least to those who attempt to search it in particular, as I did.

For this reason, we ask people to not use their real names or initials. I avoid details that would identify me unless I don't mind anyone knowing what I have posted. And many of our members obfuscate details to make themselves harder to identify. They may casually mention they live in the south when they really live in the north. They may describe all their issues as being with their brother when it is really their sister. Whatever makes you comfortable sharing with this community is good.

Please read over all the guidelines for more information on privacy.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward