Anxiety after cutting off the narc

Started by Yankeegirl, July 26, 2021, 08:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankeegirl

I know I did the right thing but cutting of this narcissist but why does it feel so crappy if it's the right thing to do? At the very least, he wasn't giving me what I want, and I was sick of being buddy girl. I mean, no guy will commit to someone willing to just take friendship. I know he's narcissistic, I just hate how I look like the crazy one. He pushes buttons, so I react and everyone thinks he's such a great guy so surely it must be me! I had to take a mental day today because I really didn't sleep that good. He was definitely emotionally abusive, and an alcoholic. People don't see how he acts most of the time, and his outbursts. But he's the one who is hurt, and when I am hurt he gets angry or resentful. I don't feel sorry for him. I said what I had to say, so if you can't handle the truth then oh well! I grew up with an alcoholic dad, and I'm not dealing with what my mom did. My dad was also narcissistic, so I'm gathering I feel this is normal behavior but I know it's not. It's just what I witnessed.

blunk

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It's normal to feel crappy after ending any relationship...even a bad one. It's great that you realized the need for a mental health day, I hope that you did something extra nice for yourself!