1 Year Out Post Divorce

Started by Kat54, July 31, 2021, 12:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

A year ago this week my divorce was final and I purchased my new home. For any of you in the middle of a divorce, I'll tell you there is life after all the terrible you go  through to get to the other side. Never in my dreams did I think I could get this far and have a new life and be eternally grateful and happy. 
While I do have money worries and home owner worries, I'm in control and make all the decisions. My new home is still after a year fairly empty but ever so slowly that is changing. I just realized this week after a heavy rain one of my gutters is clogged... so that's my freak out for the week. May have to call someone or buy a ladder.

There are parts of missing my kids terribly but I remind myself they are now adults and they are living their lives as I am also.  They do come up occasionally but never enough. My ex tries hard to keep control of them but I think he's finally losing that battle and is more alone now.

Speaking of the ex, we have become way more amicable and the anger, well at least for me is gone. Annoying sure, but at least I get to leave and drive away.

And after the ex... I have a gentleman I've been seeing quietly. He's an old friend but things changed over the winter and it's so strange to be in a relationship as a grown adult dating someone, as we live our lives because he has girls in HS and college, but he jumps in his car and comes up north to spend some time together which is becoming more frequent. 

Like I said, there can be life after divorce, some of you have small children and extremely difficult ex's. I hope all of us seeking peace can have it some day.

Poison Ivy

Thank you for the update, Kat54. I recall some of your pre-divorce posts. Things definitely sound better for you now.

Findingme1991

So glad to hear that life settles down. Still trying to emotionally heal from the abuse. Happy for you finding happiness!

pushit

Kat - Great to hear things are going so well for you!  Congratulations on the one year mark.  It is really amazing how much better life gets once you're out, and how much you can't imagine life getting any better while you're in the midst of the storm.