Hello, newly opening up. I have ptsd and my partner has DID

Started by lostsouls, September 05, 2021, 09:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostsouls

Hello,

I'm new to opening up about any of this. I've been diagnosed with PTSD and my partner is newly diagnosed with DID (2 years ago, but was in denial the first full year).

It's been quite a storm and I feel really alone in this.

I'm not sure what to expect from posting this, but a bit hopeful to see if anyone else is in a similar boat.
I would love to "meet" others who's spouse has DID to just be able to talk.

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

Our forum is dedicated to personality disorders, and our members have personal experience working with someone in their life who has a personal disorder. Dissociative Identity Disorder is outside the scope of what we are good at addressing, and I am afraid you won't be able to find the rich community of folks addressing DID that you need. Searching online I came across at least one forum that appeared to be focused on DID.

We encourage you, though, to read the materials on our website, like the Toolbox, and the resources page, for many of those tactics and resources apply to far more than personality disorders.

Again, welcome. I do hope you find the community you need.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

bloomie

lostsouls - welcome to Out of the FOG. It seems like things have been seriously hard for quite awhile now and my heart goes out to you. I would imagine the struggles your partner faces must be quite isolating. I am glad you reached out.

You mention you have been diagnosed with PTSD and I wanted to mention that we have a sister site called Out of the Storm that is a supportive community of people who suffer with complex PTSD from relational trauma.

There are wonderful conversations and resources available at Out of the Storm which you may find as a healing balm in your recovery journey.

Here is a link in case you want to check out what they do and read through some of the forum posts: https://www.outofthestorm.website

Sending you wisdom and strength as you find a firm path for your feet through the challenges you are facing.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.