Living in the same house - toxic situation Part 2

Started by PlantFlowersNotWeeds, September 12, 2021, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlantFlowersNotWeeds

I have felt more at peace the past few days
I highly recommend Psychopath Free - it has really helped in pulling it all together for me.
I have finally been able to let go of my frustrations about him not agreeing to sell the house, being an absolute pig, smoking (cigarette butts all over our garage and in front of the house), not helping financially at all, etc....  I could go on and on.
I totally get that if I direct any kind of emotion towards him, it strengthens his postion and gives him power. 
I visualize a cartoon character, and if start to engage, this character will get bigger and stronger.
I need to think about  myself - make positive and healthy choices - then I give myself inner strength.
This has stopped me the past few days more times that I could write about.
I still feel the anger/frustration/saddness, but I am handling it differently now.

Since coming Out of the FOG, I am finding more moments when I reflect back on a situation, and it is much clearer. Oh yeah, he did have an affair with that woman at work.  Oh yeah, that $100 that I lost, nope...he did take it.  My son's savings (only a few hundred, but still)...oh yeah, he doesn't have it. 

I am able to let go of shame that I was carrying, and the book, Psychopath Free helped alot with that.  I was manipulated, lied to, taken advantage of - my strengths (loyalty, love, compassion, empathy, strong worth ethic) were all used against me in a purposeful, methodical way.  I loved him.  No wonder I tried - stayed loyal - worked harder.  Because he groomed me to do that.

Do I wish I came Out of the FOG sooner, sure.  But, my personality didn't allow that.  That's okay - I'm out now.  It feels good. 

Beautiful day today, I'm going to work on enjoying it as much as I can.

Poison Ivy

Stillirise

Once you finally flip that switch, it becomes so much easier!  Nice work!  Don't get discouraged if you have days where your resolve toward this way of thinking starts to wane.  Refocus on your end game, and pick up where you left off!   As I was just reminded on another post, you are doing big and courageous things, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time! 
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou