Prayer for those who fear potential physical harm from a PD

Started by SonofThunder, October 20, 2021, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonofThunder

There are some people here who have hinted at the unknowns of possible future physical harm from their PD.  I will be sending up a periodic mindful prayer and thought for those who have that debilitating fear on their plate.  I cannot imagine trying to live any sort of normalcy with the weight of potential sudden, physical harm. 

Crossing my mind specifically today is a wife here who is in a tricky spot in her husbands country (not sure if mentioning other's screen names in my own thread is appropriate in forum rules so am withholding) and she has not posted in a week.  Praying for her safety and forward plans of protection for her and her child. 

I invite any here who desire, to join me in thought and prayer for these people and others around the world in similar situations but not on the Out of the FOG forum with us. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

1footouttadefog

I will add prayers to this.  I have also read those posts with concern.

I have noticed folks suddenly quit posting at times over the years and it's worrying when they have expressed such fears here.

SonofThunder

Quote from: 1footouttadefog on October 21, 2021, 07:08:55 AM
I will add prayers to this.  I have also read those posts with concern.

I have noticed folks suddenly quit posting at times over the years and it's worrying when they have expressed such fears here.

Fully agree 1foot. Yes, exactly; they post concerns and then Out of the FOG silence from them. I was SO GLAD  to see a thread comment today from the specific Out of the FOG woman i had in mind yesterday (her screen name is appropriate for the concern).

I pray she is able to carry out her plan in full, and using the law and other protective measures, enable herself to focus on living again and raising her little boy, vs the disabling fear of potential sudden physical harm.  There are others here in similar plights and I will be praying for them. 

Thanks for your post in prayer camaraderie. 

SoT
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Mary

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)

SonofThunder

Quote from: Mary on October 24, 2021, 08:27:07 PM
I will too.
Mary

Its a joy to fellowship in intercessory prayer with you and 1foot, for those in these situations (men and women alike).  :)

SoT

D.

I've been thinking of these people sometimes and your request.  What a compassionate and appropriate solution.  Thank you everyone. I will add my prayers for peace and  safety too.

SonofThunder

Quote from: D. on October 25, 2021, 06:37:48 PM
I've been thinking of these people sometimes and your request.  What a compassionate and appropriate solution.  Thank you everyone. I will add my prayers for peace and  safety too.

Yay!!, awesome D.!!  We are the multiplying "hounds of Heaven", in intercessory prayer for our Out of the FOG comrades in potential harms way.  May God honor our collective efforts in prayer and provide safe passage for these Out of the FOG friends (and children they may have in tow) who are on a mission of freedom from abuse. 

SonofThunder

My prayers continue for those here in this category that face potential physical danger as they deal with, and exit from,  their attachment to PD's who may be violent in some manner. 

When these individuals are absent from Out of the FOG for periods of time, my thoughts and prayers increase.  This month is a very crucial month for one of the women here on Out of the FOG to put her plans to action.  She had voiced a concern that her plans would be somehow foiled by her uPDh.  Her recent absence from Out of the FOG in the last week causes me to lift her up in prayer, that her plans are well constructed, and that they unfold as designed. 

This post is just a reminder to myself and a continued invitation to pray for these people who face not only mental anguish, but potential physical abuse heaped on top.  I cannot imagine and therefore, their plans and bravery in carrying them out, have my 100% respect. 

SoT

Associate of Daniel

I'm in too.

I often find myself praying for various members on these boards. Some are experiencing such terrible trauma.

Imagine the joy we'll have when we meet each other in Heaven! ... "Oh!  You're SoT! And Mary!"(And co.)

And hopefully we'll hear more of the stories of those who leave the forum.

AOD

Worthy of Care

Prayed now and will continue to pray as God brings it to my mind, for protection, courage, and resources for the woman you mentioned, as well as others in dangerous situations; and that the plans of evil would be blocked and broken.

SonofThunder

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on November 06, 2021, 07:36:11 AM
I'm in too.

I often find myself praying for various members on these boards. Some are experiencing such terrible trauma.

Imagine the joy we'll have when we meet each other in Heaven! ... "Oh!  You're SoT! And Mary!"(And co.)

AOD

AoD, that indeed will be an awesome meetup!  Im enjoying the fellowship of prayer here. Thank you for joining in, as we lift up these particularly difficult situations.

SoT

SonofThunder

Quote from: Worthy of Care on November 06, 2021, 09:43:04 AM
Prayed now and will continue to pray as God brings it to my mind, for protection, courage, and resources for the woman you mentioned, as well as others in dangerous situations; and that the plans of evil would be blocked and broken.

WoC,

Thank you for your fellowship in prayer as we increase the floodwaters of petition for the safety and success of those here who we lift up together.  As AoD well stated, it will be a joy to meet each other in Heaven. 

SoT

Mary

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on November 06, 2021, 07:36:11 AM
I'm in too.

Yes, I this will be so awesome. Maybe we can have an Out of the FOG conference with Jesus to get all of our questions answered and praise Him for answered prayers, help, and protection.
Mary
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)

1footouttadefog

I have alot of questions about the Universe to ask in heaven .

They don't include needing any info about the pds in my life.  I am sort of like if they are there, they are safe and healed.  They are God's to deal and worry with.  I guess I am getting a ' not my circus not my monkeys" sort of attitude. 

I think we can be loving and love with out dwelling on the how and why.  I have alot of insight into why my pdh is like he is.  However at the point I realized he will  never change, I think my curiosity about it all dried up.  I guess for me it was the caretaker seeking solutions or validation that drove the need to know.

SonofThunder

My fellow comrades in prayer,

Im posting another message here simply as a way to bring this thread to the surface once again, in hopes of potentially increasing the number in our small army of people who are lifting up those here on Out of the FOG who are in the face of very brave and bold decision making, as they attempt to free themselves from an abusive partner. 

The coming weeks may be a very important and stressful period for one of our fellow comrades (i do not want to mention a screen name here for protection of identities) and im praying this person is able to carry out well-prepped plans and achieve goals without intervention from an abusive partner.   

From a perspective of Christianity:  One recent sermon which i heard, referred to the pharisees and scribes in Jesus' day, as the 'hounds of hate', as they tried to thwart Jesus plans and keep their abusive, offensive power intact on those in disadvantaged defensive positions.  Jesus pressed on in victory in the face of threats and accomplished his plans to the very detail.   

He is a bold example of love and bravery in the face of self-focused hate and power-plays toward others in their way.  The Christian Bible tells me that Christ accomplished his plans in total victory and being very God, he is fully able to come alongside us, his creation, as we walk bravely into our own plans for righting what is wrong; for ourselves, for our children; for our future. 

In opposition to the 'hounds of hate', i believe our small prayer group here at Out of the FOG are the 'hounds of love' as we gather around the world, in prayer for our fellow brave comrades, to also come alongside them in support and outflowing care.  To those who are in these difficult situations and may silently read this thread, know that you are uplifted in prayer by a community of love-hounds that are gathered in prayer and online fellowship, to bring you extra strength and virtual togetherness. 

If others are reading this and would like to join us in this prayer-mission, please consider posting a reply here, as a show of support of the very folks going through these bold and brave life changes, in the potential face of escalating difficulty.   

SoT

1footouttadefog

More prayers lifted.

And as an answer to these prayers, I noticed that one of the folks included in those we are praying for has reappeared here at Out of the FOG under a new name. She seems well and is waiting out the final stretch of getting to safety.

SonofThunder

1foot,

Thank you for replying and continued fellowship in prayer.  Based on explanations provided by that person, the rest of this month will be very crucial to the plan.   I look forward to hearing positive outcomes. 

SoT

Mary

It's so cool that although we cannot physically be there for our friends, we can be 'hounds of love' interceding at the throne of God for them.

This Bible verse comes to mind.

"...pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

SonofThunder

Quote from: Mary on November 25, 2021, 12:40:03 AM
It's so cool that although we cannot physically be there for our friends, we can be 'hounds of love' interceding at the throne of God for them.

This Bible verse comes to mind.

"...pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
:yeahthat:  Amen to that. 

SonofThunder

Good news has been posted regarding one of our comrades who was facing a very brave situation and has been able to clear the first major hurdle toward her freedom.   I will be praying alongside the others on this thread, for her unfolding plan and protection along the way.

Thanks be to God for her safety, bravery and excellent planning.  She is a heroic model for many women who seek to recognize, research, understand and accept. With the wisdom gained from that understanding and acceptance, she plans intelligently for what is best for herself and her child;  all in face of unknown dangers, including the potential of physical harm. 

SoT