I can’t take it anymore

Started by Gettintired76, October 04, 2021, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

I almost talked to the abuse hotline tonight..... I... I just don't know what to do.... My ex and her sister were openly talking that sometime this week they along with her sister's felon husband and possibly my ex's new boyfriend were going over to my mother's house to make my sisters pay for every wrong real and imagined they ever did to them. The husband as I said is a convicted felon ( including assault with and without a weapon, and firearms), I don't know about my ex's "friend ", but given her choice in men previously I don't hold out much hope. All except me were pretty low. I know I should contact the police but what should I say, I mean it hasn't happened yet so will they even take it seriously? I ready need advice on this I'm shaking so bad I can barely type.

Gettintired76

Sorry if that comment about her other boyfriends seemed egotistical it wasn't meant to be. But I want to point out the ages of my mom and my sisters are 83 57 56 & 53.

Rose1

Report it. You'll  be sorry if something happens and you didn't.  If it's  a wind up well you aren't any worse off. my expdh used to set me up but if its important like this a knock on the door from the police might nip it in the bud

Gettintired76

Won't wake them up he's been jail so much he don't care anymore, he's never been in jail here...a bit different then where he's from, there is no "weekend" jail here.

Gettintired76

I'm too scared it will make things worse and when they are out they will do it again. Her sister has bodily slammed me against the wall in a choke hold threatening to kill slammed me to the ground for trying to leave once and tried to take a hammer to my car for trying to leave before they were done brutalizing me

Gettintired76

My ex is way worse when her sister is around even worse then when the rest of her family is around.

Rose1

Is it wo4th warning your family and let them go to the police?

Gettintired76

Of course it's worth it and I plan to warn them an the police, as well as several very large members of my family and a few neighbors....they hunt in packs around here

Poison Ivy

Please call a domestic abuse hotline or contact an agency in your area. Do it today.

Gettintired76

Ok I will how do I go about getting an involuntary commitment

Poison Ivy

In my state, it's difficult to have a person involuntarily committed. It's probably easier to gain protection in other ways than involuntary commitment.

1footouttadefog

In many areas there is a court person called a magistrate you go before a magistrate to initiate an involuntary commitment.  Making violent threats toward yourself or another is grounds for this in many jusistrictions.

Either go talk to the court, the police or contact a DV shelter social worker.  There may be other help hotlines in your area.  Many places have a number you call for all sorts of problems, then they ask questions then pass you on to an appropriate helpline

Poison Ivy

In my state, involuntary commitment requires proving not only that a person is a threat to themself or other people but also that the person is mentally ill.

Gettintired76

Poison Ivy

How are things going? Have you contacted the police or a domestic abuse organization or hotline? I hope you can get help with keeping you and your family safe.

Gettintired76

I'm so scared it will blow up and make things worse. What if they don't do anything and she and her sister get more violent or decide to have her bro in law do something?

1footouttadefog

Is there a DV shelter tHt will take men?

I think you need to get some outside help and advise from professionals.

bloomie

Gettingtired76 - what you describe is a potentially very dangerous and complex situation. I am so incredibly sorry you have been subjected to such abuse, stress, and threats.

I want to offer you resources and links to help with the hope that you will use them and find in real life, face to face support with these very dire matters. We can and will support you as you do what you need to do to protect yourself and alert your family members to the threats and at the same time we are limited to encouragement and pointing you to resources as a online support group who does not specifically offer targeted info and safety measures for domestic violence issues.

Please stay safe and let us know how you and your family are doing.

https://outofthefog.website/emergency/
(includes links to resources world wide if you are not in the US)

You can chat anonymously and immediately to get counsel on how best to go forward from an trained DV counselor here:
https://www.thehotline.org
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Gettintired76

Thank you all so much for your support, I know you can't do anything "physically" to help, but having you back to talk to has meant so much. I did contact the hotline last night they gave me resources as well.

Gettintired76

So I just spoke to the landlord, and I found out that what my ex told me about the lease was a lie. She had stated that she had spoken him and had me removed from the lease and that I had to leave. He let me know that I am still on the lease.