I’m out

Started by Lauren17, October 19, 2021, 12:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren17

I'm finally out of the house.
My "new" place is much smaller and it's currently a disaster of moving boxes, packing peanuts, and items that haven't yet found a home.
But I can make decisions without being mocked or invalidated. There's no silent treatment here, and no eggshells on the floor.
I know that I still have many hurdles to go. The custody agreement. The separation of finances. But, for now, I'm enjoying a cup of cocoa in my own space after a long day of starting the next chapter of my life.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

SonofThunder

Quote from: Lauren17 on October 19, 2021, 12:14:23 AM
I'm finally out of the house.
My "new" place is much smaller and it's currently a disaster of moving boxes, packing peanuts, and items that haven't yet found a home.
But I can make decisions without being mocked or invalidated. There's no silent treatment here, and no eggshells on the floor.
I know that I still have many hurdles to go. The custody agreement. The separation of finances. But, for now, I'm enjoying a cup of cocoa in my own space after a long day of starting the next chapter of my life.

Omg, im SO happy for you.  Im also so encouraged, each time i read of an Out of the FOG comrade starting a "next chapter".  A huge congrats to you Lauren17.  Im certain thats the most beautiful "disaster of moving boxes..." you've ever seen. 

I look forward to continuing to read your progress in the journey.  In addition, I'm so glad when Out of the FOG friends continue to hike the trail with us here, sharing stories from their next chapter.  I hope you may consider sticking around and sharing your continued journey, as its so hugely beneficial for all to read.  Our histories are deeply engrained into who we are and even though were Out of the FOG and in some cases, such as yours, physically away from the PD, the history still plays an active role in the direction of our forward movement and stands as a warning flag, to be hyper aware.  Congrats again! 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Boat Babe

Congratulations 👏

You are going to be just fine. The worst is behind you and the future is in your hands now.

When I left a very malignant uPD bf I found myself single, unemployed and homeless at a stroke (the job thing was coincidental) and I was emotionally and mentally shredded.  I still felt better than I had done with him. Over time, I picked myself up and life became very good again.  You too have got this! 😊
It gets better. It has to.

Happytobefree

WOOHOO!!!

Raising my coffee mug amidst my moving boxes in your honor!!  Well done!

escapingman

That is so good news, well done. Always encouraging to read about people coming out on the other side when in the middle of the storm.

Aeon

What wonderful news. The situation as you describe it sounds full of calm and hope for the future even with the packed boxes.  ;D
It means a lot to hear about those who are getting free from the pain and chaos, congrats!

Simon

Congratulations Lauren!

Packing boxes, new place...sounds exciting to me.
Enjoy decorating the place exactly how YOU want it.

Oh, and I'm just going to quote the best bit of your post:
  "But, for now, I'm enjoying a cup of cocoa in my own space"

Enjoy!

Hepatica

Lauren, I love that you are enjoying that cup of cocoa in peace. I am really happy for you. It seems to me you have a great mindset, showing acceptance, even humour and an openness to a much better existence. All of that bad energy is out. Let the healing begin.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue

square

This is so wonderful. Wishing you PEACE and HEALING.

Lauren17

Thanks to all of you for you kind words and well wishes.
SoT, I will absolutely keep posting here. I'm a firm believer that "knowing is half the battle."  I often wonder what my life would look like if I had Google and Out of the FOG 25 years ago.
Plus, I still have a long way to go.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

SonofThunder

Quote from: Lauren17 on October 21, 2021, 11:20:50 PM
Thanks to all of you for you kind words and well wishes.
SoT, I will absolutely keep posting here. I'm a firm believer that "knowing is half the battle."  I often wonder what my life would look like if I had Google and Out of the FOG 25 years ago.
Plus, I still have a long way to go.

Lauren17,

I look forward to reading about your continued journey and yes, i agree, i wonder how my life would be different with more knowledge back then.  The toolbox would have been so handy along the long trail ahead.  Congrats again and hoping the boxes are beginning to disappear and some glimmer of the new 100% Lauren17's quaint home is beginning to emerge.  Enjoy the placement and style choices with full freedom and joy. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.