Was I fair here?

Started by p123, November 12, 2021, 06:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p123

Quote from: Boat Babe on November 16, 2021, 03:05:26 PM
Quote from: Sneezy on November 13, 2021, 11:04:12 AM
Quote from: moglow on November 13, 2021, 10:19:06 AM
I do hope you'll choose better for yourself. It can't be good for you or your family, going through this over and over. Don't be 59/me finally coming to terms with how fruitless all those repeat "conversations" are, realizing how much time and energy you wasted on things that truly aren't yours to fix or manage - only to see that empty, bottomless pit of "pay attention to me!!" for what it is.
Oh wow, this hit home for 59-year old me this morning  ;D

And I just had one of those fruitless, repetitive conversations with mom half an hour ago.  It really is an ongoing learning process, isn't it?  (Short version - mom wants a ride to visit a friend in the hospital.  It would be a short uber ride from her apartment versus an hour each way for me by the time I pick her up and battle the traffic around the hospital.  But still . . . how ever will she get to the hospital???  She just sighs and moans and I just keep mumbling things like "uber," "taxi," "I don't know, gosh, that's a shame," but "uber").

No can do mum, the dog's on fire. (courtesy of Woman Interrupted)

Got me thinking of my Dads best one ever....

Hospital appt. He wanted me to take 1/2 day off work, drive 30 mins to him, 15 mins further to hospital, wait with him and reverse.
Umm no. So I sorted out free patient transport. Its OK but its a mini bus so they pick a few people up so it takes longer. Alternatively, I said I'd book him a taxi and that'd be quick.

So he did the free transport the next time. Then moaned it took too long (so basically 1/2 day of my time to save him 30 mins or so). Wanted me to take him next time - No. Taxi  - No.
In the end he basically just blurted out "BUT I WANT YOU TO TAKE ME".

I didnt take him. He did con his cousin (world best FM) into doing it though.