Boxing day meal with Dad - never again!

Started by p123, December 26, 2021, 01:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p123

Quote from: nanotech on December 28, 2021, 01:50:46 PM
Quote from: Andeza on December 28, 2021, 09:35:20 AM
Haha! My bet on the Italian restaurant is that stereotypes keep him in line. "The Godfather" and all that. Also possible he got himself royally told off in an Italian restaurant at some point in the past and hasn't recovered. My experience with Italian families (my enDad's side) is that most of them don't take crap. Especially "Mamas."  :blink:

Eating in public is a giant show for any drama loving cluster B PD though. It's an awesome opportunity to make a scene, make everybody hate them, and then play up the victim role. As they age, they think they can get away with more because they're less likely to get decked by aggrieved patrons. Nobody says anything because they're old. They can get away with it. Or so they think.

Definitely no more dinners out. That's what I told my toddler when he pitched a fit in a restaurant anyway.

(Had to go look up what a carvery was, learned something new today! In the States, it would be roughly equivalent to a Golden Corral)
Yes, this is exactly it. Their atmosphere is often quite patriarchal and masculine! (and to him, godfatherery!)  all of which of course he tends to respect.  He just minds his manners rather better when there!   He never tries to talk to the other tables, has never complained about noise.
P123 I hope this is helpful in some way!

No way would he eat italian lol. Anything non-british in terms of food is "foreign muck". Really....

I remember many years ago mentioning that sons fav food was spag bolognese (when he was 5 or 6). Dad was aghast "you can't feed that muck to kids!"

p123

Quote from: moglow on December 28, 2021, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: AndezaDefinitely no more dinners out. That's what I told my toddler when he pitched a fit in a restaurant anyway.
Right?! You only get so many opportunities to destroy an outing before it sinks in that there's no appreciation for the effort. Like with a toddler, you get what you get and eventually the tantrums just don't pay off. That's all his own doing and may he have joy of it!

Yep the list shortens again of things I wont do with him in the last few years:-

1. Invite him around our house.
2. Take him away for the weekend.
3. Take him out to a restaurant.

All his fault and bad behaviour....