Childhood dreams about my father

Started by ambivalent1, March 31, 2022, 05:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambivalent1

My father, who has been dead for 6 or 7 years was physically and emotionally abusive.  I really believe his desire was to ultimately destroy me.
I believe my unconscious on this.  When I was a child a had a dream once that my father was a vampire and was coming after me to try and kill me.  I literally had a dream that he was trying to drain the life out of me.  I woke up having gotten away from him but very scared
When I  was thirteen I had a dream about a hooded figure trying to attack me.  He could shoot red light beams out of his eyes and anyone who was hit would be possessed by the devil.  Again I was unharmed in the dream but woke up very scared.
The vampire dream was just a scary dream until I became an adult and realized what it really meant.  I take a certain amount of comfort that a wiser part of my psyche backs up and validates what I think about my father.
Likewise with the demonic dream.

blacksheep7

So sorry that you had those Nightmares!  As a child that must have been very traumatizing, added to your father's abuse.  Thank goodness that you were able to translate the dream.

I understand as my NF was a raging man.  I also had many dreams of him even as a full grown adult with kids of my own, getting into heated arguements, his control over me.

**************Trigger******************

My one nightmare that I still vividly remember is that I was the one who killed him, stabbed him.  I am not a violent person but in my subconscious I wanted him out of my life.
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou