2022 goals

Started by Associate of Daniel, December 10, 2021, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolie40

taking a writing class

not surprising, but many in class had rough childhoods with bad parents

some of the writing exercises are writing about our past & also writing "to heal" the past
it's all very eye opening hearing other's journeys as we read our writing pieces each week
be good to yourself

BefuddledClarity

This is a really cool thread! It's awesome that a lot of you have already succeeded on your goals this year.  :)

My current goals...

• Get full custody of toddler son and spend quality time with him.
  • Pay off eviction and rent a nice 2bd/2ba place.
  • Save money to get another car.
  • Try to start my own business on the side.
  • Become more fluent in (specific) languages (I only speak 2 fluently, the rest are beginner) by "X" age.[I have a specific goal, but I won't write it here, just in case...)
  • Get back into recycling, ethical clothing, etc
  • Limit distractions on specific websites
  • Eat cook/healthier ... When I start working again and can afford to.
  • Get back into drawing,writing, reading, and playing musical instruments again...

That's pretty much it for now, I guess?
I just miss having my old life back...
I used to focus on these things in the past, now I don't have time, energy, or money for anything anymore...

Associate of Daniel

It's so good to read how we're going!

Me...

Hair is now lovely.  I've had several compliments about it!

One side fence has been replaced and the other has a quote which will hopefully be acted upon.

I've lost a little more weight.  (Usually through stress or an off colour day, but hey!)

The rest of my goals are slower going.

AOD

Poison Ivy

I finally arranged to have a nonfunctional shower replaced. The shower is in the "primary" bathroom, which my ex-spouse used, neglected, and ruined. Once again (after 6 or 7 years) there are two usable bathrooms in the house.

The work cost a lot. But I still have enough money. One child asked for some financial stuff this week so that she could get approved for an apartment. I provided the info; my ex didn't volunteer to do so.

The house is reasonably neat. I take care of the big yard, and I planted a garden. I visit my mother, now in her 90s, almost every week. I work full time.

Overall, I think I'm doing well as a single person.

JustKeepTrying

I love this.  So inspiring . . .  So happy to hear about the hair, weight, house and yards.  It's little movements forward that we should be embracing.

For me:
I am now walking with one crutch!  Every day I am little stronger and less winded.  Feeling better.

From my first posting in this thread, I am in a new place that I love.  Large kitchen that makes cooking fun.  Bigger bedroom with my own bathroom.   Feels luxurious. 

My relationship is better with my daughters and that makes me so happy.

My weight is the same.  And I am counting that as a good thing.

I've started to pack and store things.  Make plans for travel next year.  All good movements forward.

Finally feeling independent, free and beautiful.

Poison Ivy

Thanks for the update, JustKeepTrying. These are very positive developments.

Associate of Daniel

So we're nearly at the end of 2022, folks.  How have we all gone with our goals?

My fences have been mended.

My hair is now in a good place.  Surprisingly I've had quite a few positive comments about it.

Reading is on the improve.

I've managed to maintain the lower weight.

I'm pleased.

I'm looking forward to setting goals for 2023.

AOD

Associate of Daniel

Oh, and decluttering - yeah, nah.

Volunteering - I went once but work, family commitments and self care have hindered me from any other attempt.

I have another project in mind, which I've started on, that I can do essentially on my own but it's something completely out of my realm of experience.  I have no idea how to get it off the ground and am hoping to come across some other like minded people who might be able to help me.

AOD

Andeza

Got through almost all of mine except completely paying off the vehicles. Also potty training kiddo is much like banging my head against a wall... Work in progress with recent improvements we'll call it.

Unexpected success has happened though! We bought ten acres to begin transforming into a proper homestead. Almost all 2023 resolutions will revolve around that. There's a ton of work to be done.

Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

JustKeepTrying

So grateful to read the positives!

Doing well here!  I am training to walk a 5K without aides in the spring.  I feel it is an achievable goal!  I am down almost 30 lbs and for the first time in years I feel confident sexy and beautiful

My writing is going well and I will have a book ready for publication by next summer

My travel plans are within reach finally!  Spring will find me on my way across the country.

I dated this summer and fall and really grew from the experience.  Practicing the tools from here and working with my T, I built my self confidence and whether I find someone or not it doesn't really matter.  I have space there but no driving need.  That feels perfect

Poison Ivy

I won't call these goals, but I'm pleased to report that my mom, my car, and my dog are still alive. They're all old and have multiple infirmities, but I can take credit only for the continued life of the car and the dog. (Although I do visit my mom once per week.)

I've taken a walk outside every day except one since the beginning of June (and likely earlier). I'm happy to be in this habit of walking.