Covid-afflicted brother visited my parents without a mask

Started by mary_poppins, January 15, 2022, 10:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary_poppins

I'm so f-ing mad now!! I just found out my narcissistic brother hung out with his friend who is Covid positive and then he got sick, too.

I asked him if it's Covid, he didn't know. He didn't care. Last week, he broke quarantine and came to visit my parents without a mask. I was shocked when I saw him. He has no disregard for anyone who hasn't gone through the illness, including our elderly parents. Thank god they are vaccinated, so at least they have some protection.

However, even if you're vaxxed, you still need to take all the necessary measures to protect the people around you. He couldn't give a fuck.

Last year when he had his first Covid (he had Covid several times), he also broke quarantine and went out. Imagine how many people received his virus since he probably didn't wear a mask then. I don't recall him wearing a mask, except at the beginning of 2020. He's not vaxxed either and he refuses to get the shot.

I know I shouldn't be surprised because PD people do whatever they want, at the expense of other people's safety. But I am and I'm also very furious. NC with him will be so easy.
"There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps." -Mary Poppins

blacksheep7

Wow, I understand that you're fxxx mad, especially that your parents are elderly.  There are so many people like your brother, my bff's stepson got it twice also. She talks about it as if talking about the weather. >:(

My bff is not vaxxed either, nor is her partner, her son and few family members on both sides.
Luckily she lives far away from me.  It caused friction in our conversations and friendship. I told her so many times that I didn't want to talk about covid, but no....
I really got mad at one point and told her that it's people like that that are keeping us in lockdowns and the hospitals that can't keep up.  I was shocked by her view  about the whole thing, never saw that coming from her.
I am lc with her right now cause she is very co-dependent, calls very often.
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou

mary_poppins

@blacksheep7 it's people like them keeping us in lockdowns..yes, true. And it's harder when that person is your own sibling. Sorry about your bff! I don't have friends who're not vexed, only my brother. It's good you're lc with her .
"There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps." -Mary Poppins