New year new me 3

Started by Gettintired76, February 22, 2022, 02:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

Did I do something wrong? Nobody has responded to my thread in a while was just wondering. I hopefully have everyI need now and am walking out the door to go get these papers filed. Wish me luck.

escapingman

Sorry mate, am out with a friend trying to get normality and gave not been in here much. But I am fully behind you rooying for you. Good luck!

square

Also rooting for you! Great news that you have nearly everything. GOOD LUCK!!

feralcat

I'm here as well!
Sorry, I don't have a lot of experience with the complications you're going through, so I didn't weigh in.
PS I have been divorced, but it seemed much simpler way back . And we both just wanted out ?

Also, I do wonder if the events across the world have been generally overwhelming/ diverting. There's less 'traffic' on the board  atm.
It doesn't make your issue less important though. Good luck !!!

hhaw

I'm confused, G.

ANYONE can file anything in Court typically...the saying goes....
"You can't lock the courthouse steps."

I don't understand why you were turned away at the courthouse.

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Gettintired76

Gettintired76

First I didn't have her address then I was missing a section that legal aid had said I didn't need but I have everything now unless they throw something new in lol.

feralcat

Gettintired76

OMG she is so crazy making, she instill insisting everything is COS's fault. No responsibility at all.

square

That will never, ever, ever change.

Gettintired76

Swears she has the caseworkers personal cell number geeemoneee CPS is out of it.

hhaw

I wouldn't trust a word coming out of your ex's mouth.  Looking back, I see how PDs SAY things to knock us off our horses, off track, off center when the THING they said is absolutely untrue or a partial truth designed to unhinge us.

When we repeat hat they say WE APPEAR unhinged, IME.

When we believe what they say we sometimes behave in unhinged ways.

If we allow ourselves to be unhinged, we're sabotaging ourselves and that's one thing PDs tend to count on heavily, iME.

hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

Poison Ivy

Gettintired76

I agree with you completely, I know the woman is a pathological liar, but she can be so damn convincing, if I hadnt been in constant communication with CPS I would be believing her. I'm afraid she's going to get herself in deep crap if she keeps lying about them the way she is. I mean I have it all documented.She is supposed to let me have a "supervised" visit next weekend IF the court and CPS allows it. She keeps going on that she hates that CPS is keeping the kids from my mom, that the court is doing this and that, that I and my family had to cause this and that. Even though she lost custody due to "failure to comply". Zero responsibility from her. CPS told me even though they are "out" of it they have not deemed the children to be in a "safe" environment. That they are considering taking her physical custody as well.

hhaw

I feel such compassion for your situation, G.

The PDs get inside our heads and get us spinning spinning..... keeping our attention on them.  Nose on the pebble,. unable to see everything else around us, which is problematic, IME.

I hope you can stop listening to and engaging your ex.

Just..... stop. 

She doesn't say anything helpful to you or your children..... everything is designed to avoid consequences for herself. 

If you can stop repeating what she says...... you'll sound more rational and feel more stable, IME.  If you can stop letting her words INTO your head, you'll have a better chance of staying level and balanced for what comes next, IME.

hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gettintired76

Agreed hhar my only grumble is that she has no worries about her job during this, she works night shift. But I am about to lose mine over missing so much.

hhaw

I;m sorry you're losing your job bc of missed work.  Maybe you'll find an evening job that suits you better.  I see help wanted signs everywhere these days.

Good luck to you, G.
hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

square

I take it you're not actually losing your job but feeling the strain of pushing it. I hope you can keep it if it's working out for you and the pay is good.

Gettintired76

I was given one more chance to not miss or be late, but i have to miss this coming for my daughter's hearing sooo

hhaw

I hope you've applied for other jobs while you still have a job.....easier to get another job, IME.

Maybe prepare a short blurb about your legal struggles and how new job won't be negatively impacted if court goes on and on.

I don't know what exactly you're up against, but I want you to think it through and have your responses ready for any job interview. 
hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt