Deuteronomy 1: Taking Possession of Promised Land

Started by SonofThunder, May 01, 2022, 07:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonofThunder

Once in a while, I have certain interesting experiences that i have learned not to ignore.  Two days ago, i was driving and listening to music, and all of a sudden, my podcast player commandeered my music player, and started playing a daily podcast in which i listen, but frequently am too busy or too emotionally spent to listen; as is the case in my recent separation. 

I have had numerous occasions over the decades where i feel guilty for missing daily podcast Bible study episodes, only to have the delay perfectly timed for my needs, as when i start to listen again, the next podcast in sequence is SO well-timed, it reassures me that the delay either had a purpose, or that God used the delay for good.  Im now sensitive enough in this reoccurrence to respect it, and try to shed the guilt for taking a listening break. 

The podcast that commandeered was Thru the Bible: Deuteronomy 1:36-4:2.  After listening, I asked myself if this separation is the good and promised land that God has provided, but needs me to take it, not sit back and wait for it to be handed to me.

SO many times, ive told myself that coming Out of the FOG and continuing my PD education, while living with a PD, must be what it feels like to live as a spy.  Its mentally exhausting.  In Deuteronomy 1, I have always wondered why the Israelites sent spies into the promised land when God already promised he would see it through.... What were they spying for?  To reassure the unfaithful back in the camp that it was just as God promised, which means only the spies trusted God. 

I want to encourage all of you who are facing such difficult decisions, that God has a promised land of peace that can be ours for the taking.  But 'taking' means the current inhabitants must be relocated, and that relocation experience is a war my comrades; a war that God has promised He will assist. 

What is the price for peace?  As my Proverbs 17:1 truth signature line states (paraphrasing), its better to live in a peaceful shack eating peanut butter and jelly, than filet mignon in a house of turmoil.  I am moving forward to claim my promised land of peace.  Peace is priceless.

I want to encourage all of you to read Deuteronomy 1 and see that God rewards those who step off the risky precipice, in faith that HE will sustain them through the coming truth war.

SoT

Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

square

I enjoyed reading that and will (re)read the chapter tomorrow.

Phoebe

Stay free & strong in the promised land! I received this message 4 times in a month & a friend also asked, "Why are you still here?" I got brave. The peace is priceless.

Mary

"I have had numerous occasions over the decades where i feel guilty for missing daily podcast Bible study episodes, only to have the delay perfectly timed for my needs, as when i start to listen again, the next podcast in sequence is SO well-timed, it reassures me that the delay either had a purpose, or that God used the delay for good.  Im now sensitive enough in this reoccurrence to respect it, and try to shed the guilt for taking a listening break."

That's pretty amazing SoT. God be with you, and thank you for the challenge.
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)

SonofThunder

Quote from: Mary on May 09, 2022, 11:51:40 PM
"I have had numerous occasions over the decades where i feel guilty for missing daily podcast Bible study episodes, only to have the delay perfectly timed for my needs, as when i start to listen again, the next podcast in sequence is SO well-timed, it reassures me that the delay either had a purpose, or that God used the delay for good.  Im now sensitive enough in this reoccurrence to respect it, and try to shed the guilt for taking a listening break."

That's pretty amazing SoT. God be with you, and thank you for the challenge.

Thank you for the support Mary.

I hope for all of us, that we can all strive for the promised land of peace and free from the bondage of captivity to a disorder, yet also free to love others, desiring what is most beneficial. 

SoT
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

tommom

Thank you, so much SoT! I am still in a relationship with my UPDh, waiting. He will be having open heart surgery on Thursday, just another major health issue in a long string of them for nearly seven years. (Some of them mine, though). I sometimes think I must be incapable of leaving, but I realize I really am just waiting for the right time; waiting to hear "You have waited on this mountain long enough!"

I needed to hear some reassurance. Thank you.
"It is not my job to fix other people; everyone is on their own journey."

SonofThunder

Quote from: tommom on May 16, 2022, 12:07:16 PM
Thank you, so much SoT! I am still in a relationship with my UPDh, waiting. He will be having open heart surgery on Thursday, just another major health issue in a long string of them for nearly seven years. (Some of them mine, though). I sometimes think I must be incapable of leaving, but I realize I really am just waiting for the right time; waiting to hear "You have waited on this mountain long enough!"

I needed to hear some reassurance. Thank you.

You are very welcome TomTom.  I wish you peace no matter how difficult the location in which it exists.  Prayers and thoughts for strength along your journey of relocation.

SoT