12 Step Programs ACA CODA

Started by Here2Help, May 14, 2022, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here2Help

I had the opportunity to go through a 12 step program with an member of Adult Children of Alcoholics and Co-Dependency Anonymous sponsor. I didn't join those programs but really found a good experience there with my sponsor. I thought I'd start a thread and don't intend to give any advice on the issue. I can listen and respond to questions. My mother was a grandiose NPD and I kept getting involved with PDs throughout my life. I'm 63 now and have recovered quite well from the PD that tried to kill me with serious false allegations. I came into this group about 11 years ago and began a journey toward healing. I still have to manage my resentments and anger on a day to day basis. After being raised in a home like that I was blind to other PD's. I thought it was normal. I'm a neurotic as a result of the abuse by find a lot of healing by strengthening my virtuous behaviors and moderating my basic instincts. Anyway. Let's see where it goes.

thedoghousedweller

Quote from: Here2Help on May 14, 2022, 04:38:01 PM
How do you keep from becoming angry?

I still get angry,  but I plan.  I run through scenarios and imagine how I will react.   I often think of the worst case and how i could react calmly by thinking of specific words I would say.
Then I can stay MC. 

DHD