Still here

Started by Gettintired76, June 04, 2022, 12:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

I think I might be seeing an end to the storm, maybe. Just know things are coming together and happening that may just shift the narrative.

justducky

That's great news! You and your kids are in my thoughts.  :hug:

square

Starboard Song

One of the hardest things I think, is finding a way to actually change that narrative. We found ourselves caught in 1 narrative that we hated but could not change. It stayed that way for far too long. I hope for your sake that this works out for you, because any bit of change makes the next change get easier.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Gettintired76

Yes it is especially once CPS is involved because god forbid they admit they are wrong. And that has been what this has all been about, when cps was called on her she played switchback to get out of the hot seat, found a sympathetic ear of a caseworker who just happens to be a misandrist and a forensic interviewer willing to "cook the books" on the interview. And cps in my county fell for it. But in light of certain events I do believe the narrative is changing.

square

Wow, I am really hoping so. Anyidea on when the next thing might happen?

Gettintired76

Could be tomorrow, the GAL couldn't tell me alot without my lawyer, but he is pissed about what happened with my son. And cps in her county has officially had an acetylene torch lit under their asses.

square

Ok wow, stuff is happening. Finally.

Gettintired76

Yeah Im just worried about what, will they give me the kids, will it get turned around and pit me further in the hole, will he (ex's husband) get mad and do something. Im a nervous wreck.

square

Yeah, can't blame you for that. Hoping for the best outcome.

Gettintired76

So am I, Oh I found out what is going on with my daughter over there, she has become the family scapegoat in everything, they even have the kids blaming her for whats going on.

square

I just can't imagine what the poor girl is going through. I wonder if she would tell the GAL she would like to live with you.

Gettintired76

She had....in both counties, i was cleared in her county in march two days later it was referred to my county strangely the same day my ex recieved the custody court papers

Gettintired76

Lord my really has some nerve, she is still dictating to me what I am to get my kids for birthdays, etc. she gave me a list worth $600 plus I have to buy my daughter a new bed, my ex chose a $500 bunk bed. Im trying to get furniture for my apartment. I cant do everything. Ive bought they're groceries for the past two months, paid their cable, bought gas for her car. Plus paid child support which my lawyer reminded me was never ordered.

square

That is some entitlement.

Gettintired76

Well I had my second parenting class today, I dont know what the hell was her problem today. She was arrogant, mean, and argumentative. Yes I got upset that I have to register as a sex offender when that wasnt even what I was charged with. She told me basically the papers said I did it so I did it, and if I want my kids back I had to comply, I never said I wouldn't comply but I will never admit to hurting my babies when I didnt.

Starboard Song

The system sure wasn't made for PDs, that's for sure. It doesn't understand them and doesn't work when applied to them.

Your focus right now needs to be standing up as the best parent you can possibly be, healing yourself with some peace (I highly recommend Mindfulness Meditation), and seeking and following your attorney's best advice on legal matters.

I hope your children seem healthy and open when you see them.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Gettintired76

I dont see them and my son is in bad shape, he needs therapy and i dont think she's doing it

Starboard Song

Well best of luck getting the process back on the rails, and finding some healing space for yourself as you work through all this.

square

Still hoping for things to turn around. I'm bothered by the registry, though. Ilmy understanding is you'd need a conviction. I hope this is something that can be undone as it could be used against you. So I'm worried.