Looking/Listening Back

Started by SonofThunder, July 06, 2022, 06:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonofThunder

Hello Out of the FOG comrades,

I listened to this Charles R. Swindoll sermon series from (IFL) Insight For Living about two decades ago when I was in the deep throws on the PD FOG. I was asking God for relief & understanding from the craziness I was experiencing at home, while trying to keep my head above water in all aspects of marriage, raising a family and growing a business. 

This series has come back around again on IFL this past week and listening to it again, from the perspective I find myself in today, is so very good.  I did receive that requested understanding, a coming Out of the FOG (a hearty thank you to all hear in that recipe of knowledge) and then in that understanding have had to search my heart and the scriptures, trust in God for the difficult steps I am in today and cross over into the unknown new land of Canaan, after wandering in the FOGgy wilderness for decades, in search of that peace and relief. 

For some, the choice is to stay married and for others not.  Each is an individual choice, and each choice is the right of the decision-maker, as they search their heart, mind, circumstances and timeline. In freedom i desire to support all in the personal choices they make here. But at the same time, also recommend a deep walk and conversation with God, searching his truths for the paths in our own lives.

If anyone else here desires to listen to this series, there is a link below to the trusted listening website of OnePlace and the start of the sermons titled  'When God Says No'.

I have been a fan of the ministry of IFL for many past years and then also some other pastors out of Dallas Theological Seminary, such as the late J.Vernon McGee and Thru the Bible Radio.  It is good to revisit and hear Chuck's familiar voice again, and absorb the God-given insight he delivers in this series, now through decades of experiences after, and considering its application both now and also back in my history from this place and time.  It hits different now. 

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/insight-for-living/listen/when-god-says-no-part-1-973001.html

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.