Stonewalling

Started by Ive77777, July 21, 2022, 08:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ive77777

I'm going through legal divorce process and he's stonewalling by not turning in the interrogatories. It's been 8 months, multiple times attorney filed motion to compel but the court is not following through. It's a nightmare. He's trying to wear me down so I'll just settle with him without disclosing his financial position. Tomorrow I have yet another phone call appt with my attorney regarding this nonsense. Has anyone gone through something like this? I'm discouraged at this point.

hhaw

I think the PDs think it's their job to make the divorce process as difficult as possible Ive.

Adjust your expecttions.  Assume your PD is pathologically unable to settle ANYTHING and prepare for trial consistently, just in case. 

If settlement discussions are on the table, ASKD EVERYONE TO AGREE TO SIGN any agreement made AT THAT MEETING, then have your attorney walk it to the clerk's office, file it and hand you a stamped copy BEFORE you cancel ANYThing.... I';m talking about depositions, hearings or trial dates.... jsut don't cancel anything without a file and stamped copy in your hand, Ive.

Sometimes a trial is the quickest way out of divorce court with a PD and that's not the worst thing that can happen.  Getting to trial with economy of motion, effort and expense is important to your mental health, IME.

Breathe and release outcome.... don';t expect this to be over quickly..... busy yourself with building a life and healing..... self care....building joy into your new life.

Youi'll end up divorced, sooner or later.  You might as well enjoy the ride, rather than allow the PD to control you and make you misertable ore often than necessary, IME.

Good luck.  This too shall pass.
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Ive77777

Thank you for such great and caring advice . I will remember that I could still continue to heal and build my life even through this time. It's so true, why would he act responsibly now. I just thought he would be more respectful of the legal process. I was soooo wrong.  the average person with some kind of moral code would want to cooperate and get through this rather quickly. With a NP it's an opportunity to Inflict pain. Oh boy I am grateful I'm away from him physically . Thank you again  :wave: :wave:

PlantFlowersNotWeeds

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's so frustrating, especially because he hasn't had any consequences to make him change his behavior.

Right now, my strategy is 100% no contact and trust my lawyer.....yup, I said that....ugh.

To me, It's ridiculous, but his motivation is to create chaos and to control.....

Good luck