How narcissistic wife & narcissistic father-in-law act after the discard.

Started by Vinod, July 24, 2022, 02:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinod

Hello,
I am from India. Its been 4 years now after the marriage. Now I was discarded by my wife and father-in-law and they asked a divorce. They took my wife and 1-year-old baby from me. Later I consulted a psychologist and explained all the incidents happened in my life. Then they told me that, both my wife and father-in-law suffers from NPD.
There were small breakups happened in the past and every time they demanded divorce, but that time I have tried to solve all the issues by apologizing everything and resumed the life multiple times after each breakup. And my wife she always wants to stay with her parents and parents also want their daughter be with them always. She gets seizures frequently and her parents are showing extra care always. Due to her seizures, someone would be always in home to take care. And now we have a 1-year-old girl child. When baby was around 6 months, we shifted to new place and which is little far from my in-law's house. But my wife was not at all showing any kind of happiness here at the new city and was doing silent treatment. I asked several times the reason for unhappy, but she did not open up. She was always behaved me with arrogance. Also withhold the sex / rarely happened during these days. I usually took her for some weekend trips, tours etc but nothing made her happy. 6 months passed now in the new city. Later she demanded to visit and stay few months with her parents. I did not agree that. Few days after that, in-laws came to our home and took my wife and kid forever. In-laws blamed me a lot, lot of false allegations. But I haven't done anything wrong at all, but I could not prove it and I became helpless.
Now my wife &kid stay with her parents in a different city. She has no her on decisions, whatever her father say she blindly follow that. Also I dont know they are threatening me saying about divorce and If I get afraid and surrender, then they have full control over me.

After the discard I am maintaining no contact with the Narcissistic wife. She did not block me on social media, but I blocked.

I know that, she is now in a very comfort zone(with her parents). And her parents are ready to fulfill all her needs and they won't even say a "no" to their daughter. Looks life her parents are the main narc supply.

I worried about my child's character development. Narc mother and narc grandfather will make my kid as another Narc? I am worried about that. Because no judicial system considers or I can't prove all these emotional mental torture I faced or my kid is going to face.

How they will act in the future? They might be thinking that, I will be coming by apologizing and surrendering at some point of time?  Once they realize that, son-in-law is not coming and surrendering what they will do?  Will they try for divorce? Since my wife is an epileptic patient, she needs someone's support throughout the life. And it's not easy for them to find new partner who is ready to take all these burdens.

Vinod

Quote from: Vinod on July 24, 2022, 02:17:47 AM
Hello,
I am from India. Its been 4 years now after the marriage. Now I was discarded by my wife and father-in-law and they asked a divorce. They took my wife and 1-year-old baby from me. Later I consulted a psychologist and explained all the incidents happened in my life. Then they told me that, both my wife and father-in-law suffers from NPD.
There were small breakups happened in the past and every time they demanded divorce, but that time I have tried to solve all the issues by apologizing everything and resumed the life multiple times after each breakup. And my wife she always wants to stay with her parents and parents also want their daughter be with them always. She gets seizures frequently and her parents are showing extra care always. Due to her seizures, someone would be always in home to take care. And now we have a 1-year-old girl child. When baby was around 6 months, we shifted to new place and which is little far from my in-law's house. But my wife was not at all showing any kind of happiness here at the new city and was doing silent treatment. I asked several times the reason for unhappy, but she did not open up. She was always behaved me with arrogance. Also withhold the sex / rarely happened during these days. I usually took her for some weekend trips, tours etc but nothing made her happy. 6 months passed now in the new city. Later she demanded to visit and stay few months with her parents. I did not agree that. Few days after that, in-laws came to our home and took my wife and kid forever. In-laws blamed me a lot, lot of false allegations. But I haven't done anything wrong at all, but I could not prove it and I became helpless.
Now my wife &kid stay with her parents in a different city. She has no her on decisions, whatever her father say she blindly follow that. Also I dont know they are threatening me saying about divorce and If I get afraid and surrender, then they have full control over me.

After the discard I am maintaining no contact with the Narcissistic wife. She did not block me on social media, but I blocked.

I know that, she is now in a very comfort zone(with her parents). And her parents are ready to fulfill all her needs and they won't even say a "no" to their daughter. Looks like her parents are the primary narc supply and I was the secondary source.

I worried about my child's character development. Narc mother and narc grandfather will make my kid as another Narc? I am worried about that. Because no judicial system considers or I can't prove all these emotional mental torture I faced or my kid is going to face.

How they will act in the future? They might be thinking that, I will be coming by apologizing and surrendering at some point of time?  Once they realize that, son-in-law is not coming and surrendering what they will do?  Will they try for divorce? Since my wife is an epileptic patient, she needs someone's support throughout the life. And it's not easy for them to find new partner who is ready to take all these burdens.

notrightinthehead

Welcome Vinod! I am sorry your marriage ended so badly. Sounds like your wife is determined to stay with her parents.
Check out the Toolbox for strategies when dealing with your in laws.
How can you stay in contact with your daughter? Do you have parental/custodial rights? She is very young still - would you be able to take care of her? Do you have legal support for the upcoming divorce battle? It is important to be informed about what could happen.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.