Working on us section - question about appropriate topics

Started by NarcKiddo, August 09, 2022, 07:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarcKiddo

The description of that board seems to indicate that the intention is to keep it positive, which is great.

I have a topic I'd like to discuss but I am a) not sure where to post it and b) not sure even if it fits within the forum ethos.

If I could outline the topic here, could someone please advise on whether it is an appropriate topic for this forum and, if so, where is the most suitable place to post it?

Someone has posted a topic about PD behaviours and there have been comments in there about fear reactions in us (e.g. on seeing a police car even if we have done nothing wrong).

The topic of irrational fear (in those dealing with PDs rather than in the PDs themselves) is of interest to me since I suffer from it. I'm currently discussing the topic with my therapist and maybe it is best confined to that, but I thought it might be of interest to discuss here, too.

I'm sure there are loads of common behaviours/emotions/reactions experienced by us but since there is no apparent board area for this I wonder whether it's a deliberate forum approach or an oversight.
Don't let the narcs get you down!

Starboard Song

That sounds like a great topic for Working On Us.

"A place to share ideas for growth, renewal and self-discovery."

"In this corner of Out of the FOG, we've provided a place for folks to work on issues relating to our own emotional self-work. This can include our experiences in therapy, new insights about codependency, our personality traits, depression, anger, stress, trust & intimacy issues, or any other topics pertaining to US and OUR continuing life questions.

All too often, we as Nons can tend to get stuck in hyperfocus on the minutiae of the personality disorders of our loved ones, and in doing so, neglect the self-examination that is the best-proven way to help us move out of long-time emotional ruts and patterns; patterns that might keep us locked in unhealthy dynamics with Borderline loved ones -- or others in our lives."

Our irrational fears, instilled by our engagement with PD people, are a great topic for healing and growth and recovery: recognizing them and how to heal.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

NarcKiddo

Don't let the narcs get you down!