Sometimes I forget and visiting here reminds me...

Started by sandpiper, November 19, 2022, 12:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandpiper

I just want to give a big shout out of thanks to you guys.
Occasionally I think of trying to bust through the broken perspective of the PDs in my family and then I come back here, read for a while, hurt for all of you and I remember. And it reminds me to stay the hell out of Dodgey PD City.
I needed that reminder this week and I am so grateful that I have these boards to come back to.
You guys are amazing xxxx

nanotech

I do this too! Its kind of easy to slip back into the dysfunctional mud at times. It's the familiarity of it that attracts. As empaths we are sometimes still tempted to give the PDs the benefit of the doubt. It's tricky trying to drop that hope that they might suddenly see the light.
It's great to be reminded that that way lies disaster, and feel supported as we reset. This website is incredible.  :thumbup: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

bloomie

Thankful you checked by in when you need to, Sandpiper! The porch light is always on and the welcome is warm.

Thank you for an epic new quote for the holiday season:
Quote from: Sandpiperstay the hell out of Dodgey PD City.
:band:
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

sandpiper

Thanks folks.
Bloomie - my pleasure...I think I need to put that on the fridge. UNPD FIL is falling off the perch and my poor DH, the drama that his father generates. He's really good at dealing with it but OMG.
I've been trying to navigate some lies that a uBPD/NPD/alcoholic relative has spread about me as part of the alternate reality which he inhabits and it just never ceases to amaze me how many people are willing to play along with the game of the Emperor has no clothes and does in fact have a long length of toilet paper dangling from his butt crack as he marches along in all his glory - it really is just boggling what people will believe.
Anyway, other than that, my life is pretty sweet these days, but at this time of year I miss you guys and it is great to know that the light is always on when I need to swing by and screech about their lies.
Love you guys xxx

Preamble

I like the toilet paper because it trails behind, just like their bad actions of the past.

JustKat

Quote from: sandpiper on November 19, 2022, 12:38:26 AM
I needed that reminder this week and I am so grateful that I have these boards to come back to.
You guys are amazing xxxx
:yeahthat:

I'm also grateful to have a place to come to where I can feel less alone. The holiday season is particularly rough on survivors of PD parents. Every word of support that I've received in this forum has meant the world to me, so thank you, everyone, for just being here.

And yes, definitely stay the hell out of Dodgey PD City. Both of my PD parents are gone now, but their legacy of hate lives on in the PD sister they created and turned against me before they died. It's truly the gift that keeps on giving, but I'm now able to look back and realize that never breaking NC was the right thing to do.

I'm singing along with you ... Don't go back to Dodgey City ....
:band: :righton:

wilderness256

YES! Me too. I am so grateful to have this support group. My uNPD sibling once in a while reaches out to me to "work on our relationship" which is usually their way of saying they want to have a phone call where they trash me and itemize all the wrongs I have done because I am so sinister. I am ready for NC but stuck in medium chill until our parents die. I hate it being stuck in medium chill but there it is.

Anyway, whenever I have to have a conversation with them, I come here to review the medium chill technique and as a reminder that honesty and directness and truth is only going to backfire on me. It's a helpful reminder not to get sucked backed in.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I think of you all as my dear friends even though we have never met. You support me and encourage me and lift me up.

Iamenoughmary

This is a special place!  Everyone is so wonderful!  It does remind me that none of us are in this alone.  It's so validating and that is huge for a low  self esteemed person like me.  This forum is amazing and often if we don't feel free to speak our mind in our personal lives with children or husbands we can escape to here.  I have a husband who sees everything through rose colored glasses. There's no understanding from him. His whole family are the same.  Hush Hush, don't rock the boat, don't speak  truths, somebody might hear you. Whisper now, look around to see who may be listening.  That's how he and his siblings all are.  That is how I live, and I always felt I must be bad because I wanted to be upfront and real.   I searched for forums about N's and personality disorders and how to cope and where I could talk and be real. This is the best and finally there are those who will listen and not hush hush me.  Oh I am so very grateful and consider you my friends  :grouphug:
"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul".

John Muir

sandpiper

We have the best clubhouse and just knowing you guys are all here is such a big part of my heart.