2023 goals

Started by Jolie40, November 24, 2022, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolie40

my heart rate was 135 @ Dr office & she sent me for test & something is wrong with my heart
I get out of breath (started this year)

last year, before getting a Dr, I thought I was perfectly fine
now all of a sudden, I'm on 3 medications......this is depressing

I'm missing my writing groups cause the one med is giving me side effects & I don't want problems @ any writing meeting :(
be good to yourself

Associate of Daniel

It's not really a goal so much as an idea I've had for a few years, which doesn't seem to be fading.

I think I'd like to start a website/blog.  The irony is that I have zero skills with computers and even less patience with them.

I've been looking online (YouTube mainly) to find out the how but it is completely overwhelming.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I go about it?  Can you suggest any sites or books I can refer to?  And bear in mind that I am a complete novice. Perhaps you could send me a personal message rather than clogging up this stream.

Thanks in advance.

AOD

escapingman

What a wonderful idea AoD. I have thought about this many times myself but never got going. There are many different sites to create blogs, the one I uses when trying was to complex for me despite my technical background (I never read rhe instructions properly). If you search on the Internet you should get many various sites, there should also comparison sites which details the difference between them.

Good luck and what an exciting thing to dive into.

Associate of Daniel

Thanks, EM.  I've looked at many and various videos.  Many comparison ones and many how to's.  I seem to get only so far before I'm completely lost.

I think ideally I'd find a person to set up and run the actual website and I just do the writing and design suggestions.

Anyway, we'll see.  Maybe you could forge the path ahead of me!

AOD

Jolie40

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on May 30, 2023, 05:53:22 AMI think I'd like to start a website/blog. 

Hi AOD,
I've done a couple blogs. One was of my husband's travels & one when child was young.
They were both only for people I know since I'm big on privacy.

If you're on Facebook, you could "practice" doing posts daily for your followers, see how that goes, & then decide if you want to go big.
be good to yourself

Associate of Daniel

I can't quite believe I'm saying this.... I've started building a website!!!!

I have ZERO idea of what I'm doing and I keep getting lost in the process.  But I started.

Go me!

Thank-you for your encouragement and suggestions.  We'll see how long I last..

Poison Ivy

Hurray for you, Associate of Daniel!