2023 goals

Started by Jolie40, November 24, 2022, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moglow

Quote from: Jolie40bad part was because of covid, they wouldn't let us go in & say good-bye which was terrible
Just saw this Jolie - I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to lay down my 18yr old purry boy in 2020 due to kidney failure, thankfully my vet had a new office with a "comfort room" where they allowed me to be with him and say goodbye. I was fully prepared to throw down and create a scene if not, I know it had to be awful for you.
:hug:
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

Jolie40

sorry for your loss! 18 yrs old, wow

thank you! it was tough
if we weren't in a state of shock, we could have insisted for her to come back out & us say "good-bye"
the whole covid thing messed everything up in 2020
be good to yourself

moglow

Yes, life went hard sideways for so many. I hated having to drop off my boy on his very worst day, that I couldnt be with him. I sat in the parking lot until they called me with what I knew the news would be, then they let me in the side door. I was so grateful and they've remained my vet since!
Anyhoo - back to your regularly scheduled programming  :blush:
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

Jolie40

now that we're into February, how are people doing with their 2023 goals?

be good to yourself

escapingman

Quote from: Jolie40 on February 14, 2023, 01:03:23 PM
now that we're into February, how are people doing with their 2023 goals?
I have not achieved many of the goals yet, but I am in a different place and feeling much happier. For me the big one is to finalise the divorce and that is getting closer. The other big one was to distance myself from the toxicity of FOO and I am doing very well there. The rest will come, I hope.

JustKeepTrying

This year is going better than in the past.

I am down forty pounds and working weekly with a personal trainer.  My goal to walk a 5k is certainly attainable and I plan on doing that this spring.

Sixty days and counting until I start my full time adventures.

My book is coming right along.

My daily meditations are really helping with mindfulness.  In fact I made a series of decisions regarding my love life - cut out two men, dropped the apps, and just happier overall - all because I was able to see the thoughts and not react emotionally to them.  I was able to recognize that they were not situations that worked for me.  Not narcs or bad - just not for me.  My codependency didn't even kick in.  I do have one gentleman who is courting me from afar and is very supportive of my independent lifestyle; cheers me with my writing and allows me to call him on his bs without acrimony.  It is a real revelation.  Not sure if it will go anywhere but I am enjoying the ride.

All in all, life is up.  Hope you are all feeling the same - sending you lots of love either way.

Jolie40

Justkeeptrying,

Congratulations on losing 40 lbs!
great your book is coming along, also

happy to hear about people working on their  goals
be good to yourself

mustard_seed

My first 2023 goal was morning yoga and meditation. I probably did it 75% of the time in January, which felt pretty good.
I've gradually eased back into more intense workouts as my quirky health issues (possible long-Covid, but unsure) have gotten slightly better.
My March goals are: get more sunshine/time outside, put myself out there with prospective clients (I finally built a website for my contract work).
Am considering moving from VLC to LC with my sister and PD-mom... I need to do this *very* gradually and intentionally if I do.
Hope all are doing well :)

Jolie40

wonderful goals mustard seed!

yes to sunshine
feels good when the sun is out when walking the dog
be good to yourself

Andeza

Sadly I'm taking down that third baby goal. It's okay. I could tell for the last three weeks something wasn't right, and I'm going to listen to my body. We're talking about maybe adopting once the house is built.

Electricity is up and running on our property, just need to set up some water tanks and get out there. Should be interesting, and super quiet.

Progress is being made slowly on selling the estate. We'll get there.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

JustKeepTrying

Andeza - I am wrapping you in love, warmth and healing for your body and soul.  Sending you light!  JKT

Associate of Daniel

Andrea, I'm so sorry. I pray you recover quickly physically and that your healing in all areas will be full of grace for yourself and much growth.

Your property sounds idyllic.  I hope you can move there soon.

AOD

Poison Ivy

I'm sorry about your loss, Andeza.

Jolie40

Quote from: Andeza on March 09, 2023, 09:28:32 AM
Sadly I'm taking down that third baby goal. It's okay. I could tell for the last three weeks something wasn't right, and I'm going to listen to my body. We're talking about maybe adopting once the house is built.

sorry for your loss, Andeza

we adopted a child & it was the best thing husband & I ever did
be good to yourself

Associate of Daniel

Adenza, many apologies.... I've just noticed my post addressed you as Andrea.

I have so much trouble with auto correct. I really should learn how to turn it off.

I recently texted my ds that he could go to the police to collect his school photos! How auto correct got "police out of "office", I will never know.

At least it gave us a giggle.  But it could get me into serious trouble one day...

So there's another 2023 goal for me:  Learn how to turn of auto correct.

AOD

Andeza

Thank you guys for the support, I really do appreciate it. I don't have family around me, and it's been really surprisingly hard to tell the people that are.

No worries AOD, autocorrect has some crazy ideas about what we try to type. It gets me all the time too!

One of my goals was to get a new car this year, I think I might have forgotten to add it, but we've just done that. Nice used car, not perfect, but I'm more about function then anything else.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

Jolie40

Quote from: Andeza on March 18, 2023, 04:49:35 PM
One of my goals was to get a new car this year, I think I might have forgotten to add it, but we've just done that. Nice used car, not perfect, but I'm more about function then anything else.

any luck looking for a car?

thinking of getting a car, also
mine is a 2011 vehicle which I'm going to give to teen when she gets her temporary license this summer

I am dreading how much our car insurance goes up once she starts driving!
be good to yourself

Andeza

We did end up buying a car. Ironically the sales lady gave off intense PD vibes. Both hubby and I just looked at each other in a moment when she left us alone and just... mhmm. Yeah. It was really obvious.

JustKeepTrying

Congratulations on the new car Andeza and special kudos on your PD radar!

Update on my goals:

In three days I embark on my full time travel journey of visiting the national parks in my little campervan.  It has been a long journey to get here and I am anxious and excited.

I also almost walked a 5K without my cane - kind of.  On a routine practice working up to the real thing, I got lost in the woods.  Like really lost and in the mud, lost a shoe and part of my cane, crawling under briar and fallen trees, by the time I made it out I had clocked four miles.  Far more than a 5K.  I was tired but whole and overall it was a better test for my new adventures than a 5K.

I am still loosing weight and my mental and emotional health is really stablizing.  So overall - great progress on my goals!

Jolie40

enjoy your travels Justkeeptrying!
be good to yourself