Narcissists have narcissistic relatives!

Started by tragedy or hope, December 31, 2022, 08:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tragedy or hope

It's been over a year since my unpdh passed away. The year has had ups and downs but I take it as it comes. In all of that time, only one step sister texted me once, to remember me on the anniversary of his death. Until today.

I got an email from my unpdh's father the spearhead of his issues, wishing me and my family a happy new year and had the nerve to say he loved us. I immediately felt rage.
That is a person I NEVER want to speak to again. I blocked his phone number, from my home and my cell.

For 50 years not only did I deal with my unpdh, and I am not complaining, but his father... another story. Didn't like him from day one and when I learned what he had done to the spirit of my husband as things came out over the years... I could do nothing but tolerate, because my unpdh husband did not have the courage to block him out of his life.

He caused so much unnecessary harm to our relationship and my husband because he had a sick control over his s

It felt so good to block him.  I never want to hear from him again. He is a bad man.

It seems like they are an army that keeps sending new troops. That family just can't stand that I am now out of their purvue.
"When people show you who they are, believe them."
~Maya Angelou

Believe it the first time, or you will spend the rest of your life in disbelief of what they can/will do; to you. T/H

Family systems are like spider webs. It takes years to get untangled from them.  T/H

notrightinthehead

It's a great feeling when we cut such unhealthy people from our lives.  Another step towards health and inner peace. Well done!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Srcyu

That must have been a nasty shock for you, getting the email like that. I can understand your rage.
He has no right to intrude and he certainly does not get the privilege of claiming to have love for you.

I agree, they are like an army.

Blocking and no contact are our defences. I'm glad it gave you satisfaction.

Pepin

I know this scenario all too well...both within my FOO and DH's family.  These people operate like parasites, waiting for their turn to emerge and cause harm.  Relatives on both sides have been cut off for their inappropriate behavior. 

Like you, my husband did not have the courage to remove either of his parents from his life.  They groomed him well.  On the flip side, I removed my own father as well as his sibling and other relatives.  I did this to protect my husband and children.  It has been difficult accepting the fact that my husband could not do the same for me or our children.  With CN MIL's death however, it is much easier for me to draw a line in the sand with DH's family whereas before that was not an option.  So far, they have been keeping to themselves and I hope it remains that way.  I am so sorry for what you went through.

Mary

It must be so challenging to reflect on the *50-year* injustice. And them having NO CLUE how it impacted your day-to-day living. You are still my hero T/H!
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)