Why I am donating.

Started by Starboard Song, January 20, 2023, 03:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starboard Song

I just made my annual donation to Out of the FOG. Why?

Because in the summer of 2016 we were in crisis. I was baffled by my in-laws, but also by my own DW. I didn't understand her reactions to them, and couldn't understand their bizarre behavior. It seemed that we had gone from fine to meltdown, and that I was the only normal communicator in town. No amount of years and respect can prepare us, sometimes, for the bouncing-crazy of PD induced traumas. We had consulted attorneys regarding my in-laws and their potential rights as grandparents. We had already gone NC, but were being confronted at numerous public events in town that my son participated in. I was LOST. We needed HELP.

And then I found this community. Members who are admins today, and some who haven't posted in years, were among those who first replied to my inquiries. I have had friends come and go here, as they should. It's a big river and denizens here do drift in and out as they heal or baskslide or move on. Problems discussed here from others have helped my wife and I analogize to our own crisis and learn. Solutions offered directly to us have made us wiser.

I chose to continue engaging here long beyond my own crisis. We have been 100% NC, full and pure, since the winter of 2018. But mail still arrives. Relatives still mention them. There are snags available to get hooked upon. And we still think about them, chewing our cud, ruminating, far more than we ought. We believe my engagement here has turned ugliness into beauty, has returned a little good for a lot of evil.

We are so appreciative for this free and kind peer support network and archive of insights. We want to express that appreciation and ensure that others are able to benefit as we did.

Y'all be good. Y'all be strong.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

xredshoesx

our donation this year will be the filing fees for the corporate Out of the FOG taxes. 

why?

i would not be sitting here typing this out to all y'all without the support i've received since finding the site through someone else i met online at another recovery spot about a year after i left my ex and was poised to keep making ALL THE SAME BAD CHOICES.  she got me here, i got my EYES OPENED to my own part in the dance and the rest is history....

JustKat

This community has quite literally saved my life. I don't remember when or how I found this board, but thank goodness I did. When things with my narc family have been at its worst, coming here and being around people who truly "get it" has brought me out of my deepest depression. When I'm here I know I'm not alone. I am safe here.

I did sign up some time ago for the automatic monthly donations and I do hope that amount (even though small) has helped. Happy to send a bit more. I don't know what I'd do without having this safe place. Thank you to all who operate the forum and to the wonderful people who have been here to support me.

:bighug:

Starboard Song

Just Kat, thank you so much!

It means a lot. I joined in 2016 the week before a confrontation I was expecting. I had no idea how to handle it. I'd been reading for a few weeks, and just knew this community would help.

Since that first moment I've been a stronger, better person, and I know we moved through our crisis better because of the scores of people who advised me and knocked around ideas.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

KD5FUL

I'm sorry if I missed it, but how can I donate??

Back in 2014 this community saved me and even though I no longer post, I want this to be here for other people who were in my situation.

I couldn't find the instructions to donate.
לפום צערא אגרא

A victim of abuse who suffers in silence will suffer the most.

xredshoesx

KD thank you so much for considering!    i  stay and give Out of the FOG and the admin team (BC they helped reparent me to a great extent) credit for getting me into a mindset which lead healthy relationships at work and healthy marriage.

https://outofthefog.website/support

Returned

I have just donated a small amount. I hope to make it a regular donation.  I am so very grateful for the forum. I have been reading and only very occasionally posting since 2014. I have gone through NC and VLC with probable NPDM, and dealt with the family fallout that this caused.She now needs some help as she's ageing and I have found the Elders board particularly insightful recently.  Thank you all so much!

bloomie

A huge thank you to those who have been able to financially support the resources and community offered here at Out of the FOG. Also, a big thank you to those who are able to participate in the conversations and offer insights and encouragement and a warm welcome to others on this healing journey!

I appreciate this community so much and don't know where I would be without it!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Truthseeker1

I am currently separated from my PD wife of 30 years. Just could not take the mental manipulation anymore.  You all have been so supportive and insightful. As the fog cleared you all helped me realize I was not crazy and was not alone.  Thank you so much.
I want to make a donation but I dont really know how.  I click the link but it dosnt take me to a payment page.
How exactly do I make the donation? 

Truthseeker1

Never mind, I figured it out!! Thanks again for being there for me!!

xredshoesx

NarcKiddo

I sent a little something. Am only posting in this thread to keep it prominent in case others see it in their unread posts and are moved to donate too.
Don't let the narcs get you down!

xredshoesx

ty ty ty!

this year team xredshoesx is able to donate the tax filing fee again!  every bit helps keep the lights on!!!  ty ty ty again NarcKiddo!!!

bloomie

Adding my thanks for those donating and participating in this community!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.