sibling in crisis

Started by Jolie40, March 01, 2023, 05:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolie40

one of my siblings lives out of state
I had learned she was depressed/seeing a psychologist so I started face time with her (for about a yr now)

she had been talking with PD parent daily (who passed away in Dec)
she keeps posting how much she misses her

tonight I saw she posted on Facebook that she also just lost her psychologist
(due to her losing a family member, must be dropping clients)

she posted with loss of mom & psychologist, it has broken her
"I don't even know why I bother anymore"
she seems even more depressed

I have suggested she move back to our state where she can see her friends/family in person
however, she always says some excuse
her work can't hold her there anymore as they all work from home now

her post seemed "scary" to me & I don't know what I can do

another recent loss:
she had said she was falling in love & had a long distance relationship with someone she met through match.com
he sent her a picture & my niece looked it up & it was a pic of some famous painter
he then asked my sibling for money & turns out he was a scammer

be good to yourself

Jolie40

just checked Facebook again
and this is some of what she said:

"I should just give up. Is there anyone out there who still cares because I am not sure I do anymore."

sibling has traits of PD parent who was also often depressed
staying at home like parent & rarely going anywhere
never, ever exercising or doing activity so very overweight like parent
eating horribly just as parent did
be good to yourself

moglow

Jolie that's so sad. From what I've noticed for a while now, fb isn't as active as it used to be so fewer people may even see her posts . She might take that personally with her already in a dark place. This isn't something anyone else can fix for her - she has to keep reaching out, start getting out and moving around. She HAS to if she's to get through it. Being isolated is devastating to so many. It's really easy to get dependent on and taken by scammers when you don't have community that looks out for each other.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish