Sleep deprivation/torture

Started by RiverPurl, March 31, 2023, 01:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverPurl

I can remember a time when I was younger and sharing a room at home with my sibling.   I remember having g to get up in the morning and she had a different schedule.  I can remember many nights where she would sit in her bed with the light on and her laptop on, well into the night. My sleep was always broken and light due to noise and lights.  It was a bad time. That came to me as a memory today. At the time me and her we didn't get on well. I think it was a tool to punish me.

We are estranged now. We live apart. Haven't seen each other in years.

She was harassing me since 2015.  Berating me and interrogating me since 2015.

I can see it now.  She didn't have the tool of sleep deprivation and torture to use on me this time around and so she uses harassment as the tool to try and maintain power and control over me.

bunnie

That's a significant memory.  We need plenty of rest and sleep in order to recharge and maintain a healthy outlook on life.  I've read that disordered and abusive people often disturb their targets' sleeping. Insufficient amounts makes it more difficult to handle stress and affects our perception of the world around us.  My sister and father often try to get their claws in during the middle of the night. They're very strange birds.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

"Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on. - Eckhart Tolle