Helpful books for being in an emotionally abusive marriage

Started by Bluebell80, May 10, 2023, 08:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebell80

Since I started my healing journey I have been listening to audiobooks non stop. This has been such a validating and getting me in a place where I can start to heal. I recommend the following books to anyone who is in an abusive marriage. Most of these are written from a Christian author and it was so validating to hear a perspective of truth and also pointing out where the church has fallen short in helping people in these relationships. I feel myself getting stronger and am so thankful these books and this forum exists! Also, I find it interesting (but a little triggering...in a validating way if that makes sense, to read negative reviews for some of these titles. The Leslie Vernick book has the "best" negative reviews by seemingly narcissistic men who accuse the book of ruining their marriage. PD individuals just don't get it...their behavior and lack of accountability and self reflection AND LACK OF REPENTANCE is what kills the relationship...not the resources that shed light on the situation!

Good Boundaries and Goodbyes, Lysa Terkeurst

Is it Abuse, Darby Strickland

The Emotionally Destructive Marriage, Leslie Vernick

Complex PTSD, Pete Walker

When Loving Him is Hurting You, Dr. David Hawkins

Why Does He Do That, Lundy Bancroft

Is it Me? Making Sense of Your Confusing Marriage, Natalie Hoffman

Stop Walking on Eggshells, Paul T. Mason and Randi Kreger