I have left

Started by losingmyself, May 19, 2023, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

losingmyself

I did it. I left a short, to the point note.
When he asked me where I was,  I told him to go look on the coffee table. Then I blocked him. I have listened to enough of his crap. I am curious what he would have said to me, and I'm also curoius what he's doing now. But knowing those things means that I would have to receive the bad things he would have said, and I don't need that.
I went with my D, and we cleaned out as much as we could in a short amount of time. I will stick with my battle plans. I am surprisingly calm.

Poison Ivy

SonofThunder

Quote from: losingmyself on May 19, 2023, 07:10:04 PM
I did it. I left a short, to the point note.
When he asked me where I was,  I told him to go look on the coffee table. Then I blocked him. I have listened to enough of his crap. I am curious what he would have said to me, and I'm also curoius what he's doing now. But knowing those things means that I would have to receive the bad things he would have said, and I don't need that.
I went with my D, and we cleaned out as much as we could in a short amount of time. I will stick with my battle plans. I am surprisingly calm.

I love this!  Boom!! 🤛🏼

A huge high-five, you fully capable brave comrade! 🙌🏻.  So glad your plan went well and you didnt give him a response!  Well done!!  So proud of you!  As the others stated one foot in front of the other.  Time will continue to unroll the unknown scroll of departure and you will convert the event to a full known. That will be very useful information as you continue to carry out your closely guarded battle plans. 

Cheers!!   :thewave:

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

escapingman

Well done, congratulations! Stay strong!

square

SeaBreeze

You did it! Stay strong!

losingmyself

Thanks everyone.  I was kept distracted today with a fun shopping trip with my DD and my S.
We had a great day.
It is so very hard to not feel guilt for this person who I have been care-taking for so long. What is he doing? How is he feeling? He needs to do this tonight and do this.
It doesn't feel like a celebration right now.
I feel sad.
But also free. It was so nice to just shop today and not have him breathing down my neck, complaining about why I'm looking at that thing.
But then I feel bad for being happy when I left him and blew up his world, then blocked him from any communication with me.
I ran into a mutual acquaintance of ours tonight.  She asked where he was, and what I was doing. I gave very vague answers that were acceptable. She said she saw him at the store she works at, today. I wanted to ask how he looked. I didn't. 
Thanks for all your support, my friends.

escapingman

I created a journal with most events for 2 years before leaving, it didn't help me in court but every time I questioned my decision to leave I only needed to look in the journal.

losingmyself

user, like EM, I have kept a journal for many years. I have heard the suggestion to compile a list,  and I have thought about putting things into a list. But I do have it written down to refer to

losingmyself

I have spoken to most of the people in my FOO.
Everyone is so supportive, and I am so very lucky.
I was told that I have to feel my feelings,  I can't just ignore them. So after a busy day, I sat outside alone and it wasn't long before I was crying. I didn't like the feelings. Then my DD came out and told me that it's ok to feel them, but I can't change the past, and it's time to put it down right now because it hurts. Pick up the feelings for a little while again tomorrow,  examine them, then put them down. Just don't carry them around. 
She's so smart and I love her so much.
I'm going to work now, and I am a little concerned to step out of this safe place, but I have to do it. I have done much more brave things!

SonofThunder

Quote from: losingmyself on May 22, 2023, 05:50:05 AM
I have spoken to most of the people in my FOO.
Everyone is so supportive, and I am so very lucky.
I was told that I have to feel my feelings,  I can't just ignore them. So after a busy day, I sat outside alone and it wasn't long before I was crying. I didn't like the feelings. Then my DD came out and told me that it's ok to feel them, but I can't change the past, and it's time to put it down right now because it hurts. Pick up the feelings for a little while again tomorrow,  examine them, then put them down. Just don't carry them around. 
She's so smart and I love her so much.
I'm going to work now, and I am a little concerned to step out of this safe place, but I have to do it. I have done much more brave things!

Glad to read of the loving support in place and that is very nice to have/have earned.  As we all know, good relationships are not guaranteed, so well done losingmyself, DD and FOO.

Losingmyself yes on "I have done much more brave things".  Each step is turning an unknown into a known which is powerful.  Obviously you are a careful planner, so will assume that all new brave adventures will include a personal plan/device in place for self-protection as you are obviously very much in high-radar mode at this time in self awareness and surroundings awareness. 

You got this first new workday, brave comrade!  Very proud of you.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Boat Babe

Quote from: user on May 21, 2023, 12:16:15 PM
I can definitely understand it not feeling like a celebration. Splitting is always hard.

Do you have a list of his abuses and mistreatments of you? I've created such a list over the years, and I plan on reading that regularly when I finally leave, to remind me of the bad. I know myself well enough to know that, like you, guilt will overcome me. That list (and this forum) will hopefully keep me grounded.

If you don't have such a list, perhaps you should take a couple hours and write down some of it? If you do, refer back to it often.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:
It gets better. It has to.

losingmyself

I have kept a journal for probably 6 years, and I kind of dedicated it to just recording the crappy things he said and did. Because he was making me doubt my reality, so I would write things down right away so I couldn't think that I misremembered. I haven't had to look at it yet. I just feel bad that I hurt someone.
Who knows, maybe he's happy!! He can look for new supply.

escapingman

Well done for the journal, I did one too and secret voice recordings.

Anytime I ever questioned myself I only had to go to my journal and read a couple of entries and then I was back on track again. I didn't get much use of this in court, but for my own healing it was gold dust.

2nice

So much courage and strength to take that leap. Many others will envy you before taking their own. Welcome back to your life!