sibling again re phone

Started by Jolie40, May 22, 2023, 09:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolie40

so I've been calling sibling about once/week & things have been going ok lately until today

no one has my phone number except husband
sibling started complaining about not having my phone number
I reminded her that anyone can call my husband if they need to get ahold of me (he'd pass on message)
everyone in family has his number

I don't want to give my no. out as everyone is big on texting & I don't text.....I got a cheap $29 phone & don't even know how to text on it!

so she is really mad about not having my number & I just don't want to give it out
am I that terrible cause she is basically saying I am
be good to yourself

Jolie40

I can't get into cardiologist for 2 mos cause they are so booked up
Dr sent me for echocardiogram & something is wrong with my heart

sent sibling an email that I'm not going to call until after my appt

(just don't need the stress of her complaining & blaming me for every little thing)
be good to yourself

moglow

Jolie, I got into battle royal with mommie dearest over cell phone a few years back - I'd blocked her due to her starting up crap via text then ignoring when I'd respond, but after a while calls went straight to voicemail and she could still leave vm messages. She'd then alternate calling from her cell or home phone and leave messages. No matter my response or lack of same, she just wanted to be mad. Every conversation went back to "I just don't understand why my cell is blocked ..." She ended up disconnecting her home phone, so only communication would have to be by cell phone. Against my better judgment eventually I unblocked her cell then magically she says she could send but didn't receive my texts. Over and over and over, she'd text and whyyyyyyyy doesn't she get mine?? She still brings that crap up - yet still texts to see if it goes through. I GET THEM. She can't see it's her phone, her problem.

Thing is, at the end of the day it's her phone/her choice and I'll honor it. I realized that when she wants to be mad she'll always find or invent something, if not that it'll be something else. It's not my responsibility to fix that for her. You know damned good and well if your sister had your number she'd text, then gripe that you never respond. Simple: THEN DON'T TEXT ME.

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

WombatOpera

No you sound pretty good to me.  Bad people don't ask that question.