Please listen to this forum! I did not, and I am paying dearly.

Started by mindcirkus, May 25, 2023, 02:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindcirkus

I've been on here for years, and have been back and forth with narc/BPD soon to be ex. (hopefully.) I read and contributed but never believed my ex could be that bad. She would never do the things described here. I thought documenting everything was crazy. What a waste of time. We could settle. We will never be the 3% that go to court.
Well folks. She turned out to be way way worse than anything I have seen here. I was notified by my lawyer this morning to make a detailed timeline, and be ready for the fight of my life. This is going to cost me everything. If I would have only listened to the helpful folks on this forum. Please please document, go no contact, and stay healthy. Thank you all for trying. I was stubborn and not realistic. I didn't listen. Don't make that mistake. My grown children are so filled with lies they no longer speak to me.

Poison Ivy

I'm sorry you are having to endure a nasty divorce. We're here for you!

escapingman

Quote from: Poison Ivy on May 25, 2023, 02:45:25 PM
I'm sorry you are having to endure a nasty divorce. We're here for you!
:yeahthat:

Had I left uNPDxw 2 years earlier I had probably not lost one of my daughers to parental alienation. It's a though pill to swallow, but you just need to accept you didn't know better.

Good luck and as Poison wrote, we are here for you. Please share as much as you want and we will support you.

losingmyself

And, please, please,  don't blame yourself for the time it took to move forward. It is what it is. And you might pay financially,  but it's worth your life!
Brush yourself off and move forward.  You're here now, and that's all that matters. 
I can spend a lot of time regretting the time I lost, but in the end, I just have to move on and live my life.
Same with you!
Good luck, and keep posting

PlantFlowersNotWeeds

Everyone has their own journey.  It's difficult to process how someone you once loved, and thought they loved you, all of  a sudden are 100% out to win and hurt you.

It will take time, but don't blame yourself.  What did you do wrong but love someone and think they'd be better?  The judicial system is a nightmare and anxiety provoking for the best of circumstances.

Good Luck