Better person, better parent

Started by djcleo, May 28, 2023, 09:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcleo

My child deserves the best I can give. So do I. I need to lose weight. Get more active. Eat more nutritiously.

Poison Ivy

Having children has motivated me to be a better person, too, in many ways: to stay healthy as long as possible, to model good behavior, to model what love looks like.

Jolie40

Quote from: djcleo on May 28, 2023, 09:19:23 PMMy child deserves the best I can give. So do I. I need to lose weight. Get more active. Eat more nutritiously.

good goals to work towards!

it took a while to lose the weight but happy to say I'm normal weight now
be good to yourself

BeautifulCrazy

When I consciously choose to take good care of myself by being active and putting quality fuel into my body, I feel better. My energy and mood are more stable, I feel good about myself and my decisions. As a consequence I am able to be a much better parent.
Years ago when the kids were younger I made good choices "for the kids". To be a good role model and show them how to take care of themselves and be healthy. Over time that has evolved into me taking care of me because I can show up better for everyone else when I am feeling my best.

I am sending you lots of warm support and encouragement in your goal djcleo. You are worth it!!