Thinking is this gonna work again or not?

Started by Juju, May 30, 2023, 10:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juju

Problems again with travel ..... I like to travel and he doesn't, he can't afford it and I can.  He says twice a year is ok with him for me to take a trip and any more than that he just feels like a babysitter for our dog and that it will eventually affect our relationship.  I broke up with him because of all his issues but ended up missing his love and support and felt so alone.  I don't mind making some concessions and have done so ... he will not go anywhere beyond his comfort zone as he will always have an excuse not to do this or not to do that so I have just done things without him. We have been together for over 6 years we lived together for 3 years before I broke up with him because of all his issues but realized I still loved him and we got back together.over a year ago. We both have our own places.  He has changed a lot but the underling issues of course are still there.
He even said to me "just think how easy it would be for you if I weren't around, you could travel whenever you want."

sunshine702

How is traveling alone?  It sounds to me you really wish he would come but realize that is just not in his nature and comfort zone. 

I am sorry about that hole. 

Some ideas — is there another friend who shares your love of travel?  He can stay and you two can go?  You know I started going to places excited to take my Significant Other there when he could and the he would come and Meah. It was more fun when It was just me honestly.  I could have a glass of champagne at brunch with out the massive judgement looks from him.  Are your trips like this?

bloomie

Juju  - I am glad you travel anyway! Maybe it is that the relationship is somewhat undefined in these areas of discretion, like traveling? Are you clear on what he means by it will harm the relationship if you travel more often than twice a year?
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

1footouttadefog

Cam you board the dogs or pay someone to sit them. 

If it's really about him
Feeling put upon to watch the pets, then perhaps find a work around. 

I would at least test it , as it might b t just be a way to control you by limiting your travel and fun that does not center on him

TurnThePage

Ugh....my BPDH is the same way.   What is it with Traveling?!?  I love to travel and he Hates it!   Says he won't go because we can't take our dog etc...

Excuses, Excuses.....

So proud of you for going alone (I have yet to do that). 

I know you would prefer he goes with you but agree that maybe going with a friend (relative) or on a vacay that caters to singles would be best.