How can i get him to leave the house?

Started by Evie3663, May 31, 2023, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie3663

I have known my husband is NPD for about 10 years, it has taken me this long to come to terms with the fact i have to leave him.  Im ready now.  However my elderly mother and adult daughter and our dog also live in this house and i cant easily follow the "planned exit and no contact" strategy as it would be all four of us leaving and i have no idea where we could go.  He is home all the time so no chance to do anything in secret. Mum and Daughter are aware of the situation. Also i have a business from home and need all my equipment to keep earning a living. It makes more sense for him to leave...Any ideas please for this situation?   He will be devastated and likely it will turn very nasty so any insights would be appreciated.

losingmyself

I think Escapingman worked this out. Hopefully he'll give you some insights.
I was lucky as it was only me, and I could leave for a time so he could move his belongings out

escapingman

As losingmyself said I did. But you need to have your evudence and I don't know the laws where you live. I started writing down everything that happened and took voice recordings. I then applied for a non molestation order and to have xw removed from the house. I had to leave for a week to avoid her anger during the process but I got her out and have not seen her in a year.

Good luck, I know your pain.

Evie3663

Thank you, escapingman.  I have read some of your other posts and i really feel for you, i am glad you got through it in the end.  I will take onboard your suggestion to document any abuse and potentially get the police involved as a last resort.  At the moment my uNPDstbxh  ( did i get it right? ) is being very careful to behave polite,  while i use my illness as an excuse to lie low.  I am not looking forward to the next part of my journey and top priority is to get my health back in order, im going to need all my energy.

PlantFlowersNotWeeds

My situation was different - in order to get my ex to agree to sell the house,  I had to make it uncomfortable for him.  I drew hard boundaries - he couldn't eat the food I bought, I hid the cable box, I didn't invite him to eat dinner with my son and I if I cooked, I stopped his auto insurance, I took any credit cards he had, etc....    After a few months and a new supply, he agreed to sell the house.

Somehow, your spouse has to see that moving out is advantageous for him.  Then he'll leave.