New

Started by believe2receive, June 30, 2023, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

believe2receive

Hello. This is my 1st post. I am a medical professional who has a history of being abused in my 20s by a husband who had bipolar disorder, anger impulse disorder, borderline personality disorder with mixed traits of narcissistic personality disorder.  I barely made it out of that marriage alive.  Fast forward my ex had been estranged from our child for numerous years and has recently resurfaced with the intention of having my daughter and grandchildren move out of state and live with him.  My daughter is ecstatic to have her dad back in her life and has chosen to leave my 2 young grandkids with him.  I am devastated since the grandkids had been pretty much living with me.  My daughter has become a flying monkey and now my ex and daughter have chose not to let me talk with the kids or see them.  I am crying daily.  Prior to this, my daughter had exhausted all my finances and was pretty much having me raise the grandkids.  Them alienating me from the grandkids is causing me to feel retraumatized again.  Any well that people can provide me would be appreciated.  I am all cried out.  Help please.

NarcKiddo

That sounds very cruel; to the grandkids as well as to you.

Welcome to the forum - I am sure you will find much support here. Wishing you all the best.
Don't let the narcs get you down!

Latchkey

Hi believe2receive and welcome to Out of the FOG,

This sounds very difficult and traumatic. I'd recommend working with a therapist and also getting support from friends and family that understand what is going on. Maybe there are some that in both your daughters and your circle and can give some updates on how everyone is doing. Very often adult children like your daughter see the grass is greener for a bit and move house to another place only to come back full of remorse and cycle again. You need to take care of yourself right now and focus on what you can control.Definitely check out the toolbox and also check out Parents' Discussion', 'Co-Parenting' as well as 'Working on Us' boards as you get settled in.

Again welcome!
Latchkey
What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

SonofThunder

Hello believe2receive and welcome to Out of the FOG,

I'm so sorry to read about your very difficult situation. +1 to Latchkey's response.  I don't have anything to add at this time, but surely wanted to provide you a warm welcome to this wonderful place, where you will find caring people from all over the world. We always make sure to leave empty chairs around the friendly campfires of discussion on the boards, so grab a comfy chair and make yourself at home. See you around the boards. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.