bittersweet tears

Started by StartingHealing, July 25, 2023, 04:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

Greetings to all here.

Had a situation I went through recently that was brutal to go through on a emotional level.  Have to sell the marital residence and as a result, clearing "stuff" out, donating, selling, etc.

Got to the workshop, and as I was going through the wood working machines, tools, patterns, the emotional storm raged and crashed within.  Anger, sadness, a bit of excitement, resentment,  emotions churning, rolling, rapid fire, no chance to gasp for breath, until it ran itself out.

It was a safe place for me. One of my spaces you know?  Made many items of good quality that others deeply appreciated. Also a place that the exBPDw wouldn't willingly enter. 

Did find a buyer for the woodworking tools and materials, young buck pivoting into something he enjoys.  Is a win win for both.  Honestly, I need the cash in small non-sequential bills ;)  Starting the rebuilding and to do that I first need to reduce the "stuff" I'm carrying forward.

Putting this here to let others know that perhaps something like this could be coming on your path.  If something like this does happen, then it's not going to be a surprise. Yeah?

Wishing all here, all the best

Poison Ivy

I've been divorced for more than 7 years, and there are still times when I get emotional about things related to my marriage, my ex, the house and its contents, or our children.

square

The idea of having any emotions other than the usual day to day cheer sounds painful to me. Hope you got through it okay.

StartingHealing

Poison Ivy, I can see how that could happen. Going through a certain level of hell is bound to leave some sort of traces behind.

square:  Usually I'm pretty level in emotions leaning to the positive side generally.  It was the mix of everything that was surprising. I made it through just fine.  Comparatively speaking it wasn't as intense as situations in my past with the exBPDw.