The process begins, divorcing uPDw

Started by EmpathyinChaos, September 18, 2023, 07:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmpathyinChaos

Well the time has come to finally start the process of divorce. I have been married almost 14 years to uPDw and a lot has happened. Here is a glimpse into the past 1.5 years. It came rearing it's ugly face in January of 2022. I was physically assaulted by uPDw in front of my father and mother. Then the next day my family and myself was threatened that the abuse would continue because it was liberating.

I was able to secure a protection order and uPDw was removed from the home for 3 months. We went to counseling and I saw progress, that I actually believed for some reason. Divorce was filed and because of the progress that I perceived, I dropped the divorce case. When that happened uPDw stopped going to counseling.

Fast-forward to the present, I was physically assaulted by uPDw again, law enforcement was called. This time she refused to accept accountability and gave a false statement to the police. So I sit here today, contemplating if I need another protection order.

I am seeking legal counsel for my next steps. We do have two kids, 11 and 8.
Has anyone else had to deal with physical abuse from PDw? If so what helped you get through it?

square

Also here for you. I admire how you drew the line, both last year and this time, and didn't accept that kind of abuse. I'm not sure you even need any advice, it seems like you have it under control. It's perfectly understandable that you gave her a second chance, and wise not to give her a third chance.

EmpathyinChaos

Quote from: square on September 18, 2023, 04:31:53 PMAlso here for you. I admire how you drew the line, both last year and this time, and didn't accept that kind of abuse. I'm not sure you even need any advice, it seems like you have it under control. It's perfectly understandable that you gave her a second chance, and wise not to give her a third chance.

I am really struggling with the finality of all this. The trauma bond is a real pain in the a**! My heart breaks for the children and what they are going to experience when I'm not around.

EmpathyinChaos

The protection order was granted! Finally some temporary relief, now on to the hard part... the divorce process. I am preparing for the battle of my life.

escapingman

Well done, that will make a huge difference!

Forsythia

New here, but:  That is great that the protection order was granted.  Good job.  I am sure it took a lot on many levels to accomplish it.  Your follow through is inspiring me, as I'll someday need an order to protect me from my sib(s).

Wishing you peace and all you need in the coming days.