Future Faking

Started by discarded, October 07, 2023, 04:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discarded

This is something I've experienced. It's one of the primary reasons I've stopped associating with this person (a sibling).

Future faking in my experience is the promise of a bright future with the narcissist- with them promising things of emotional significance to you, with no intention of following through at all. It's to get you into the relationship. Often in my experience the narcissistic/pd person wanted something from me- often that was a financial gain for them- but a great loss for me.

They often future faked when it came to helping me with housing. Once they lied to a group of people how he was helping me and paying for my move. He had no intention of doing anything at all, it just made him sound generous.  Literally a few days later he stole a bunch of my possessions and came to were I was temporarily staying and forced me to a women's shelter.

I ended up having to access a joint account to get out of my situation. This was used to underline my thieving and lying. This became a part of a smear campaign. They said I used the money to help me lead my jet set life.

I simply took money I had put in the account, paid rent, and bought groceries. I replaced the things stolen from me (basic clothes, underwear, socks).  This was used to underline how selfish I was, but they seemed to knowingly push me into the situation.

Whenever they try to reconnect they always make grandiose offers of buying me a house and looking after me. They never do anything of the sort. If anything I'd end up paying dearly for their excess, and would end up exploited.

They once manipulated an ex into coming up with first and last for an apartment. As soon as he got the money from her, he took it and ran, leaving her high and dry.

Our biological father died, and they turned the wake into being all about them, and demanded I pay for dinner and his parking because I need to learn how to respect my elders. He always demands and takes, and never gives.