Next generation

Started by Pepin, October 26, 2023, 08:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepin

Just when you think.... :phoot: Anyhoo.  Yeah.  DH decided "on his own" to invite his brother and family to Thanksgiving because they are in town.  IDK why they are in town.  There isn't any family to visit other than DH....which as I type this makes it feel like a bit of a self-invite now.  Oh, let's travel out of state and maybe my brother will have us over for Thanksgiving?  I am 100% certain that DH did not concoct this idea.

And I find it laughable that DH suggested that we have them stay with us  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: because DH was feeling bad that wealthier brother has to spend money on a "cheap" hotel.  Don't worry I said no.  Let's unpack the lack of logic with that: DH is again trying to play hero like he did with CN MIL when she was alive.  That's right, DH wants to "do good" for the brother that literally refused to give DH the time of day when they were younger living under CN MIL's roof.  And for nearly their entire adult lives, DH has been doing the leg work to help line BIL's bank account because CN MIL demanded it. 

Look, I love my DH but man does he have some messed up behavior.  Not saying that he should cut off BIL, but rather, DH needs to see how lopsided and dysfunctional the entire situation is.

BIL will be towing along his untrustworthy wife (say little to her or it will be used against you later) and his adult kids.  Man do those adult kids have baggage!  The older one has no sense of self and the younger one is clearly withering- because their mother scheduled them to operate 24/7 with school and activities when they were younger thinking that they would succeed and come out on top crushing a large paycheck sort of career.   :no_shake:     

Ugh, I can't wait to have these people at my table this year.  *sigh*. Even my adult kids are like ugh.....let the festivities begin!! 

treesgrowslowly

So sorry to hear this Pepin.

Will you be able to plan some Pepin-pampering time before, during and after this blessed event?

Trees

Pinkos

Sorry Pepin - that sounds like a lot to deal with. Good for you for saying no to them staying at your house though! Nice boundary setting there. Hope I don't sound patronizing it's just I know how easy it is to feel guilty in these situations. You can get through it! Just keep looking forward to seeing their backside as they leave.  :cool2: