Can't believe it's been this long!

Started by losingmyself, October 28, 2023, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

losingmyself

Just checking in. I have been following everyone's posts and staying updated but I don't have much to say. I thought I would pop in and tell you how life is on the other side!
The divorce was final the end of August,  it really went quickly, thank goodness.  At the time, I was in the hospital recovering from a broken hip. I got out of the rehab hospital in time to make the 5 hour drive- ride- my son drove, to my nephew's wedding.  I was exhausted when I got home, but I rested and recovered.  I'm mostly healed,  just need to regain strength.
I had to tolerate XH coming to my property to take the rest of his belongings over the last few weeks,  but yesterday was the last day he could be here! Such a relief!
I got my maiden name back, got my new social security card, and put MY name in big letters on the mailbox!!
I'm happy.
I'm still struggling to get out and be in public. I keep trying to stop at a bar where a friend works, but I have too much anxiety, and I just keep on driving. I like my safe spaces. Maybe it'll get better,  or I'll be a hermit. I don't know.  I do get lonely sometimes,  but I have a big supportive family I can go to. Everything is better though.  I wouldn't trade it for the world. There's nothing I go through that compares to being with him.
I have gone completely no contact with him and his family,  I haven't spoken to either since I left. It is the right choice for me.
That's it! Plugging along! Doing my best, and living my life for me and my kids!
Love and peace to all here!

Poison Ivy

SonofThunder

Hi Losingmyself!

What a great update!  So very glad to read that your divorce is final and that you are enjoying your own space!  L-O-V-E the name in caps on the mailbox!! 

I find that time has its unique ways of making changes in me and my life. Many times I'm frustrated at it taking its sweet ole' slowness, but in hindsight, I always seem to look back and say that time was indeed correct in its own choice of schedule and if it had abided by my desires, the outcome may not have been as fruitful.

You wrote:

"Maybe it'll get better,  or I'll be a hermit. I don't know.".

Sorry you are experiencing times of loneliness at this time. Hopefully time will have its way of resolving that or using it to keep you dialed in close with that big supportive family you have.  I tend to lean on time to make the correct decisions for whatever reason it chooses to do so. 

You wrote:

"Plugging along! Doing my best, and living my life for me and my kids!"

Love that!  That sound wonderful. Enjoy!  See you along the trail!

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

square

Breaking a hip is no joke. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

It sounds like you're in a transition period. I think taking time to see how your physical and emotional healing go and what emerges is the right approach. Keep us updated.

losingmyself