New, to it all

Started by BenjaminH, November 11, 2023, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenjaminH

Hello, I was in a 4 year relationship and engaged and realize that there was nothing I could do in the end.

After doing a bit of what was in the aftermath between, the love bombing, the triangulation, the projections, the passive narcissist who is a complete victim and I thought I guess I could save maybe? the real reality is the resentment that I feel towards the energy and efforts that I put forth and what I thought was a reciprocal relationship. Realizing that the energy that I put forth was genuine on my part and that I was always in the intentions of addressing and changing in positive growth but that was definitely not in her wheelhouse. I am now left in the confinement stage, where she is completely extremely angry about the fact that I made mutual reciprocal relationships with family members who are questioning what has happened, they all still have hope that maybe she is just having a personal storm or a moment and that things will reside or come to pass. That being said within the four years to what was supposed to be a take a step back moment. Found that in too much she ended up becoming pregnant either a have an abortion, or B have a miscarriage or C is still pregnant but definitely insistent on all of it was mine to take acknowledgement of that it was my responsibility. However, I am confined, and I get phone calls now and again from mutual friends asking why she said dating all these vile things about myself. It makes me question the reality of the years I just passed through, was I so blind? Or was she so good at what she did? In the end all it makes me want to just find the resolve find the treatment find a way to shake her leaves from this reality or dynamic and in the sadness of it all is that there is my true answer and that apparently individuals who have been in this mindset or live with this disorder apparently the real resolution is to just walk away? Thanks for your time. :stars:

Starboard Song

Welcome, Ben.

You sound like you are struggling. It is common to question how we came to spend so much time with someone who ultimately wasn't right for us. You are not alone.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward