New and needing to vent/question/discuss

Started by Pine, November 17, 2023, 04:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine

Hello everyone, I have just created this profile... I, like many on here, have a specific negative experience that has brought me here. I don't quite know how to introduce myself, I am nervous to share what has happened to me as this is my first time on any support website, but I think that it would be good to finally get some things off my chest.

Long story short I believe I have been emotionally abused by someone narcissistic (if not NPD displaying many characteristics)
I have attended numerous therapy sessions both whilst in that toxic relationship and after it.
It has now been nearly 2 years since I have spoken to this person and I am really blessed to be able to say that I am now in a very healthy relationship with an amazing partner who knows the whole story and is supportive. My current partner is essentially healing a heart they didn't break.

I have written about the various things I have endured, I would like to share them in my next post. I don't know what to expect, I have only shared this experience  with my current partner, a good friend, a cousin and a couple of therapists. Who have all told me the same thing. But I would like to know more opinions, to generate a deeper discussion with someone completely external... I want to understand the motives behind what I've gone through and maybe that is where I'm going wrong...

xredshoesx

welcome to the group

when you're ready to share more, we're listening.  until then- take care of yourself

Pine

Thank you both.

It is a great feeling knowing that there is a place out there that allows for conversations about these things.

I remember thinking well maybe what I have been through isn't so bad, I shouldn't be feeling this bad etc. and like you said, I always associated abuse as physical or the one depicted in the movies...
with my current therapy I understand that abuse can manifest in all shapes and no abuse is any less valid than another.

With this being said I'm still afraid that someone reading my story will think well people have it worse...
I tell my therapist this too and I think it is something I need to work on.
To just trust my intuition and feelings.

Thank you for welcoming me here. I am hoping to share something I have written about my experience on here soon.